iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tracked skidders/fowarders

Started by Quebecnewf, March 21, 2005, 07:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

Has anyone out there used one of thes tracked fowarders/skidders. There is one made in Canada called F4 Dion and the other one is called Ackrobat. Both machines are tracked and have a driven tracked trailer. They also have a log loading boom. How are they in snow?

I am going to look at both models this coming week but looking at them in the yard is not the same as seeing them in the woods working?

ANY info would be nice. I'm sure the salesman will tell me thry are the best thing since sliced bread

Paul

Dom

This site has a little info.   Link to a track machine 

I would think that the track machine would have good traction, but I speculate that it would be using more fuel then a wheeled forwarder. A 6wd can be accomodated with tracks in the rear when they are needed, and that would help out with traction quite a bit. A 8wd can sometimes have tracks in the front and rear, that would give loads of traction in my opinion! I do not work with the machines in the woods, so my opinion my not be accurate. I'm sure other members will be able to help you out better!

Dom

Thank You Sponsors!