iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Too Wet to Hoe

Started by Magicman, March 04, 2010, 12:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

When what you want to do overpowers what you should do, trouble is generally just ahead.  It's quite obvious that what I should not have done is get into that low place.  One half turn, and it was down.

Another bad thing is that you'll notice that the right stabilizer is broken, so no help there.  I'll probably go back this afternoon and try to use the bucket to raise that side up and slip some 2X12's under it.

I shoulda known that it was too wet..... :-[ ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Coon

God hates a coward eh?  ;)  :D 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Raider Bill

Shoulda, coulda woulda.........................
Patton said, No guts no glory :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Hilltop366

I would pull with the rear bucket and roll the font the front bucket at the same time while lifting the hoe off the ground when I was stuck with our old Case. When That won't do it then you know your stuck! It would be nice to have the legs working it can get kind of tippy doing this.

Note: real hard to do with most newer hoes because of the fancy excavator style controls are too far apart to push at the same time with one hand while running the front bucket with the other onless you have three arms. :D

chevytaHOE5674

Thats how I unstick my hoe. Pull with the back bucket and roll the front at the same time. Puts the operator in a funky situation, one hand on the hoe controls outback, one up front rolling the front bucket, and a foot on the reverse pedal. Look like a circus clown :D but it gets the job done.

WH_Conley

I have forks on mine and can usually put the forks down at an angle and pull with the hoe to get it out. If that don't work it is time to get the dozer. :(
Bill

stonebroke

See magicman, This kind of thing doesn't happen when the ground is frozen hard as concrete. Course we just have to wait a little longer for our mud.

Stonebroke

Qweaver

Been there-done that.  And before we got the dozer it could be a days work to get it out.  I came within a whisker getting the dozer stuck last summer...don't know what I've have done then.  Things were puckered for a few minutes until I got her free.  I don't go there anymore.  :D
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

SwampDonkey

Hey Magicman, just need the right feller on that thing, eh? :D :D :D

I seen a  guy with a D8 bury himself in a spring hole at the source of a brook. That was fun fishing out with a hoe. :D :D  He couldn't see where he was, the grass was 8 feet tall, then he disappeared. ;) I never seen grass grow so tall in my life.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

A happy backhoe....no ME..... :D

I'm crippled without that outrigger.  I swung the hoe around, lifted a wheel up, stuck 2X12's under and let it down.  Same on the other side.  Then lifted the front up and did the same under the fronts.  Drove that sucker out.  Wonder where I got 2X12's from  ???

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodmills1

the hoe wouldn't pull it out musta been mucky.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

treefarmer87

that looks like where we are cutting yellow poplar now in a swamp bottom next to a creek, mud just like that cant drive in the same place twice. we got the tractor stuck just loke that pulling a huge 20 ft log out, had to get the cable and the 450c deere to get it out.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

WDH

MM,

When it dries out, you can use the offending Hoe to fix the mess  :D
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Quote from: woodmills1 on March 04, 2010, 06:51:47 PMthe hoe wouldn't pull it out musta been mucky. 

I'm sure that the hoe would have pulled itself out.  The problem was, that was in the edge of a yard, and I didn't want to tear it up.  I just tried the simple way first, and it worked.  If I had been back in the boonies....I wouldn't have had 2X12's..... :D

treefarmer87

i bet if you had the other stabilizer it would have been easier too
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Magicman

Quote from: treefarmer87 on March 04, 2010, 09:27:08 PMi bet if you had the other stabilizer it would have been easier too 

Yup, I've got to weld a new side plate on that outrigger.  I was on a sidehill and when it broke it put all of the weight on the hydraulic cylinder, which snapped the piston rod......about $500..... :'(  That old backhoe weighs 14K lbs.

Coon

Where's your sense of adventure?..... you never backfilled your ruts.  ;)  ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

ErikC

I remember the saying "you can never get stuck if you have a backhoe" You can sure make a mess getting out though :o Nice job on that, no worse than a pickup rut hardly. :)
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!