iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Truck Pics.

Started by ADAMINMO, January 23, 2008, 10:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

Quartlow,  I put that engine in the truck because I didn't have the money to buy another one.  I tried selling the JD diesel but it was the wrong time of the year.

Surprisingly enough the clutch and pressure plate all matched up to the engine with very few alterations.  I did have to build the bellhousing, top water jacket, throttle linkage etc.  All in all it was a very fun project to accomplish.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Quartlow

Coon, I understand making do with what ya got. Been there too many times.

Mike. I found them earlier today and bookmarked it. Just a quick trip through it your right there is a lot of onfo there.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

semologger

Ed somebody tied your truck to that tree.

Boy i wonder how mad you would make a guy doing that. I did that to my uncles 4 wheeler i tied it up to the picnic table during deer season. Everyone got up early for that one the look on his face was priceless. He was so mad.

twobears

i,ve always wanted a truck the same age as me.i wanted to find a 1966 truck and redo it top to bottom.a year ago,i had the chance to buy a 1966 f-800 ford fire truck and this summer i got a 1967 f-800 ford fire truck.this coming summer i plan on tearing it down and redoing the 1966 into a flatbed dump.i have that one pretty well down to the cab and chassie now.the 1967 i have almost there.the 66 is in very good shape for the year of it.the 67 was used to wash village streets in the spring so it got kinda rusty but the parts i,am most intrested in are fine.
being fire trucks there both red in color but,i,de like to give them a really standout paint job.i plan on restoring them to like new condition and keeping the 1966 for as long as i can so,ide like to give it a paint job that everybody will know is me.don,t pick on me to bad but,i,am thinking about using bright orange and some type of blue as the base coats..orange frame/fenders,running boards..blue hood and cab with some type of design tossed in.
i wish i know those chrome shop mafia guys really well.i,de love to see what they could do with that 1966.. ;D

delbert

PS:ADAM:your in mo..do you know those chrome shop guys?? if so put in a good word for me.. ;D

semologger

I am from Mo. Didnt know they were from here. Were abouts they from?

Quartlow

Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

twobears

yep,joplin,mo. i,de love to hang around there shop for awhile.

delbert

mike_van

Here's the "business end" of my '94 F350 with a load of firewood logs from a few weeks ago. 
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Don_Papenburg

Coon ,  What Deere motor are you using?  Back in the late 70s early 80s Deere supplied GMC / Chevy with 6cyl. diesels for the mid size trucks I think it was a 6329 any way it was smaller than the 7700 combine engine.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Coon

Don,

The engine I used was a 4400 model diesel out of a JD 7700 Non-Turbo Combine.  We had purchased the combine for the engine at an auction sale.  We bought the wrong one.  The non-tubo'd and the turbo'd models were different enough that it wouldn't work in our combine without significant modifications.  We just went to the next sale a few miles up the road and bought a turbo model even cheaper than we had purchased the non-turbo.

I gotta say that that is a DanG heavy engine for a 1 ton.  I gotta change out the front springs every 40,000 kilometers or so. :o  But even with the price of the new springs I save over 5 times the money in those km compared to the 454 it had in it originally.  But low and behold it all....  I think "ol' faithful" needs to be retired.  He's getting a little crippled and has terminal cancer. :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

ADAMINMO

Nope Del ... Don't personally know the chrome shop mafia guys.I do however know a guy that got his truck tricked by them.He hauls pallets for us. He recently sold his truck due to major financial problems. Sellin it brought him up to even. Remember the "8 Seconds" truck. Yep ... He works for us. Thats about as close to the chrome shop mafia as I have been.
AdaminMO

twobears

ADAM:that was one of my favorite trucks..to bad he had to sell it...  :'(

delbert

ADAMINMO

Yeah it was to bad ...... but you have to do what it takes to support your family.I think he has 5 kids. I believe he is about 34 or so.Great person though.Would give ya the shirt off his back if ya needed it.

Thank You Sponsors!