iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Nyle Kiln

Started by mer200pro, July 05, 2005, 10:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mer200pro

HI people new member have a question!
Have a new Nyle 200 and have a load of white oak in and has been going for 3 weeks and 4days is down to 14% I'am not sure if it's going to slow or not.
NEED FEED BACK PLEASE!!
MC Well over 40% when put in and theload is 3000BF
JKM

Gunny

Guess I'd need to know the MC the load was at when you fired up the unit and the amount of lumber in this particular load.  As long as you're not exceeding chamber temps or growing mold anywhere, it might be doing fine.  Doesn't your manual give you an idea where you should be, based upon daily extractions? 

oakiemac

I agree with gunny. Need to know in going MC and how many board feet and thickness of lumber.
White does dry slow.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

mer200pro

I guess I didn't give all info sorry about that MC was well over 40% and the load was3000BF of 4Q the temp i'am having trouble keeping below 130 even with the vents open chamber is ins. very well just as the manuel says to any help would be highly app.
JKM

Don_Lewis

Don't worry. You are okay.

If the vents are not bring the temperature down, it may be that you have a small load or it isn't well enough baffled. Make sure that all the air is forced through the stickers and none around the load. Then you will build up enough pressure with the fans to vent well. Make sure the temperature control is set low, below 100F so that if it does cool in the night the heat doesn't come on.

The 130F will not hurt anything if the lumber is below 15%

Just make sure the load is well baffled which will be good company for a well baffled operator..Good Luck. Don't hesitate to call 1800-777-NYLE if you have a problem.

Den Socling

Ideally, the temperature controller will have a switch to turn off auxilliary heat after the load is started and, as I said in another thread, the temperature controller should open the vents when heat is too high. IMO

mer200pro

Thanks for the feed back folks I got a little ahead of myself opened it up last night and checked it again and everything I think is ok my Wagner MC meater is now down to high of 11% and low as 9% whitch is right on my perd. Schedule. When I go to the back of my manuel to the charts everything is ok. Just worried me about the temp first load and all but agin  thanks!!!!!!!!!!  :P
JKM

Thank You Sponsors!