iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need Help with Poulain trailer and Nokka 6068 crane

Started by 2StateTrigger, May 24, 2016, 03:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2StateTrigger

Good afternoon All,

Could not find a more appropriate location for this thread so hopefully it will be OK to reside here.

So several weeks ago I picked up a 22' (or so) Poulain trailer that's mounted with a Nokka 6068 crane with grapple attachment.  The overall condition of the entire rig is EXCELLENT.  The original paint on the trailer is darn near in mint condition, the tires appear to be new (mayby with several hundred miles on them), and the grapple has what appears, is it's original paint.

Problem I'm having with this apparatus is that I can not get it to operate for the life of me. 

For starters the hydraulic system is set up for PTO.  I have nothing against PTO but this one is goofy.  The system has 3 hydraulic quick-connect hoses. 

My questions are as follows:

1)  Does anyone have Nokka 6068 crane with grapple attachment?  (If so might you have an operator's manual?)

2)  Does anyone know what the 3rd hose is for?

3)  Is anyone who's familiar with the Nokka 6068 system willing to take a phone call in efforts of helping me get this running?

Pics below

Above pic shows entire trailer...

Above pic shows tongue of trailer and 3 hyd hoses.  3, really?...

Above pic shows hydraulic valve controls...

Above pic shows hydraulic valve controls, CLOSE-UP...

Above pic shows 1 hose in, 1 hose out...

Above pic shows the 3rd hose which enters a valve but that's it, nothing else...

Above pic shows the "valve" that the 3rd hose feeds, what is this?  A regulator?

Above pic shows the electrical control switch in upper left corner...

I've emailed and called the manufacturer but they have not been of much help.

I'm wanting to power this trailer with a 15-20hp Honda engine, a hyd pump that can handle 16gpm and approx 2500psi, and a 15 gallon (or better) reservoir.

Please offer your help here, as I'm at the end of my rope.  THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

Best Regards,
Jeff Bebber
Lumber One of N. Central New Mexico, Durango, Pagosa Springs, and other 4 Corners areas.....
Molon Labe

Josh3760

My skid steer uses three hoses for hi flow. But I'm not sure on this they look to be tractor style couplers maybe one return and to feeds from two remotes on a tractor to get enough flow. Not sure but it's nice looking trailer. Hope u got something big to pull it!
Josh

2StateTrigger

Yeah, a 3500 Silverado, just need to get it running so I can buy logs.....

Anyone else have assistance?
Molon Labe

bill m

It appears you have 1 feed and 2 return lines. Not sure why. Also with the axles so far back you are going to have massive tongue weight for a bumper pull trailer.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

brendonv

That trailer looks like it was built with a specific use in mind.

As someone who owned two bumper pull grapple trailers, that trailer is going to kill a silverado 3500, and possibly the people driving around it!

Could be why it shows such little use, please be careful.

Surplus center has great calculators for hydraulics by the way.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

red

With that hydraulic setup I think it was only pulled by an off road tractor.  I can't see that trailer loaded running down a highway . Definitely not behind a pickup truck.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

tnaz

UN Hooker

2StateTrigger

If you have 3 hoses coming off that valve, that more than likely means that valve has a POWER BEYOND sleeve.  That sleeve blocks off the port to the tank return and sends pressure to another valve down stream when your not using the first valve, like a fel. If your only using the one valve, you can remove the sleeve and plug the hole and use the 2 hoses, one for pressure ( the one that goes to the pressure relief valve section) and the other to tank return.  To do this you MUST remove the sleeve before you plug that hole or bad things will happen $$$$.

UN
Retired Toolmaker/Moldmaker
C-4 & C5D TF - 5500 Iron Mule - Restored 4400 Ford Ind. FEL ex Backhoe w/custom built boom w/Valby 360* grapple w/18' reach - 920 Cat w/bucket & forks w/clamp - Peterson 10" WPF - LT-15 - Cooks Catsclaw & Dual tooth setter - many Husky saws

MikeZ

Maybe some help. I once had a 6 bottom on-land plow that had 2 hyd cyl, front and rear(2 hoses ea). It was also an automatic reset on the plows when they tripped, so an extra hose came off that adj pressure relief valve that hooked back into the tractor for return. Total 5 hoses.
MikeZ  Homemade  Mill

Thank You Sponsors!