iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hot water baseboard

Started by homeyd, November 24, 2013, 04:44:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homeyd

have an area in the kit./dining room,that i cant get enough baseboard in.because of cabinets ,doors ect.my question is .if i can put two passes of element in the baseboard cover will i double my output?Its rated at 600 btu per lin. foot,im only able to get half the call needed to heat the room.. it ask for 24ft and only can get 12ft. any help would be appreciated.  thanks fellas

beenthere

I built my home and couldn't get enough baseboard hotwater heat runs in as well (not enough wall space for the room sizes), so I ran extra lines under the floor between the joists. In the kitchen, I cut a hole under the sink and knocked the toe board out so the heat under the floor could flow out into the kitchen.
That worked quite well for me for the past 40 years.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

homeyd

thanks ,ive got staple up under livingroom bed and baths .man thats sweet ,i cant get under the kitchen too tight .do you have the same set up in the kitchen?staple up or radiant?do you think the double element is doable?or am i having a pipe dream?thanks beenthere

coxy

why not get a few kicker heaters to put under the cabinets worked for me in my old house    just a thought

homeyd

good thought,cant get under the floor for piping or elect.without pulling base cabinets .that would be better than cold feet. thanks coxy

Holmes

Doubling the elements will give you more btu's but not twice as much, maybe 50% more.  High output radiation will get you about 25% more btu's and it's a lot more expensive.  You could put a wall blower in at the end of the radiation.  Cut 2' off the heat and put in a 9 to 12,000 btu unit.  The rating of 600 btu per foot is for 180 to 200 degree water.  What temp water are you running thru the baseboard?
Think like a farmer.

homeyd

thanks Holmes that a good idea,definetly doable.i heat w/ an owbso temps vary shes high limited at 185deg..id say average 190 still wants to creep up after high limit.ill check out the wall units  thanks

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Thank You Sponsors!