iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fuel Spout

Started by Bill Gaiche, January 23, 2014, 12:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gaiche

When we were at Austin Blacks sawing logs for his house Willie should us his new fuel spout on his fuel jug. I bought one and really liked it so I bought 3 more. They have the 7/8" opening, which lets the fuel come out. But what really helps is the vent that comes with it. Drill 1/2" hole in handle and pop it in. This one will not fit into a no lead fuel vehicle. You have to buy the other one. Check them out on line. bg

Skip

I drill hole in can and screw in a screw with rubber gasket like u would use on tin roof , I hate these new SAFETY cans  >:(

Rockn H

When the time comes, and it will before too much longer, I think those spouts are the ones I'll look into getting.   I've tried this type (different company) before, but the "nut" was the wrong size for the gas can I had.  I see this company sends two different size "nuts" and seems to have more sizes available for different cans.   I've got the older vented spouts right now, and I can deal with them.  I make way too much of a mess with the  new safety spouts that are spring loaded, not to mention the safety spouts that come on cheaper cans are prone to break and leak.

Thanks for the post :)

Bill Gaiche

Speaking of the screw, I was going to use a small sized valve stem with the core removed before I saw the new spouts. bg

Sonofman

Thanks for posting, BG. I have been looking for something like this for a while. I hate the government legislating to keep us from hurting ourselves.
Located due west of Due West.

Peter Drouin

The valve stem trick works good I have them on all my 5 gal plastic cans :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

Quote from: Peter Drouin on January 25, 2014, 10:17:47 PM
The valve stem trick works good I have them on all my 5 gal plastic cans :D :D ;D

I've got a couple with valve stems too, the only thing I worry about is loosing the vent cap.

I just stick it in my pocket for save keeping!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

turnkey

Quote from: Chuck White on January 26, 2014, 08:21:18 AM
Quote from: Peter Drouin on January 25, 2014, 10:17:47 PM

I've got a couple with valve stems too, the only thing I worry about is loosing the vent cap.

I just stick it in my pocket for save keeping!

Small hole and a wood screw works great and no worry about losing the screw.  Another one is at hand as soon as I get back to the shop.

Harry K

isawlogs

What was the reason behind taking the ''old '' gas cans off the market and giving us these pain in the derriere no=vent cans. Who thought that this was a good idear.....   >:(
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

OntarioAl

isawlogs
Short answer CARB
California Air Resources Board
Al
Al Raman

Peter Drouin

Quote from: OntarioAl on January 26, 2014, 05:37:13 PM
isawlogs
Short answer CARB
Al

And those guys are as sharp as a marble. ::)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

clww

SHHHHH!!!!!!
The NSA is listening! :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

GF

I picked 3 of these same brands up at TSC this past weekend for $8, they only had one fuel spout.

isawlogs

California..... Again,  >:( whats with them people, they need to get a life and leave the rest of the world have there vented gas cans.   
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

firecord

You guys gunna get this sent to the shed if yawll dont stop beatin up on the left!  lol

redprospector

Quote from: Peter Drouin on January 26, 2014, 08:33:57 PM
Quote from: OntarioAl on January 26, 2014, 05:37:13 PM
isawlogs
Short answer CARB
Al

And those guys are as sharp as a marble. ::)

I'm afraid that you are giving them credit for being sharper than they really are.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

barbender

I like to leave the new unvented cans out in direct sunlight to see how big they get :D
Too many irons in the fire

mudhog

Mr.barbender, I thought I was the only one who did that. We don't have a lot of entertainment down
this way during the winter.  ;D
Doing the right thing might not be easy,but it's always right.

Ask, Seek, Knock

Thank You Sponsors!