iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 200 help

Started by EricR, March 07, 2011, 08:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricR

I have a timberjack 200 skidder with a  ford 4 cylinder gas industrial engine.  I inherited this machine and was in the process of getting it running  when i noticed that the bell housing was cracked and one of the ears that mounts it to the side of the machine was broken off.  it was repaired before with some pretty poor looking welds and the cast where the starter mounts was missing and replaced with a ugly made up steel piece. Anyway, its in rough shape and i would really like to replace it.  can anyone steer me in a direction as to where i may be able to locate one

a old timberjack

where are you from? try harolds logging supply in hamden maine. they cater to new and used parts for the older 200 series timberjack skidders ask for randy. it is a father and son operation. they can ship just about anything you can imagine, full of knoweldge 207-942-8331 those guys like to talk old iron so be ready!!! you name it, they can get it or get there hands on it
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

rputt.tj200

I also have a tj 200 skidder with a gas engine.  I have had to replace a bell housing in the past and I found one that was used on a 172 ford diesel industrial power unit.   You might be able to find out where one of those it easier that asking someone for a bell housing for a tj 200.  People look at you kind of funny and I can't count the times that I have been told that timberjack didn't make a gas powered skidder.

bushmechanic

The 172 Ford diesel was also in the 201,the bell housing was also cracked up in my 201,I gave up on the diesel and put in a 250 chevy gasser.

stihlsaw066

hello i just joined this forum to find skidders like mine i have a 62 jack 172 ford gas in great shape.  its so hard to find anything out about these old things,  i recently found an original operators and parts book at a tractor show. ill see about getting some pics on here   thanx

thecfarm

stihlsaw066,Welcome to the forum.We would enjoy seeing pictures of your skidder.Is the skidder in use daily? We would enjoy pictures of wood yards too.Where are you located?
You might have found this thread all ready.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,13313.0.html

If not this will keep you busy for a while.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!