iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Agonis flexuosa

Started by symamania, July 09, 2015, 08:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

symamania

Has any one tried milling this timber? is it good for anything other than setting alight?
I can`t find much info on these trees in terms of wood working/ slabbing

Magicman

I haven't but if someone calls me from Australia and is willing to pay travel and setup, I will.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

symamania

Ianab

Your right, can't seem to find any info on it either...

I guess there is one way to find out,,, Cut a log open and find out.  ;) :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

symamania

Thats the plan old mate, just thought id throw question around first but oh well ill have at it anyway

5quarter

Peppermint tree...never heard of it. From the few photos of the wood I could find, it looks nice, but not remarkable. I prefer the grey Ironbark you guys have down there. Boy, I'd love to get some of that! When you cut it up, post a few pictures here so we can all get a good look at it.
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

Ianab

Make sure you post some pics of what you find (good, bad or indifferent). Then the next guy doing a Google search might have something to find  ;) :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

symamania

Shall do lads just organising my guide rails and will be getting onto it

Thank You Sponsors!