iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2014 Christmas Contest!

Started by Jeff, December 16, 2014, 12:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Welcome to this years annual Christmas Contest!
If you have never participated in a forum contest before, be forewarned. Just saying. (evil Laugh here)
Actually, making the Christmas contest is one of the highlights of my year, along with the pigroast games. :) :)

This year's Winners and prizes:
First Prize Winner: @MSSawmill  Choice of 60" Logrite Peavey or Cant Hook. THANKS LOGRITE TOOLS!
Second Prize Winner: @Seaman  A pair of Alissa's Legs from the Rite Leg Co!  BENCH LEGS. Quit thinking like that, it is Christmas!
Third Prize Winner: @reride82  A Bluecreeper Value pack from Bluecreeper
Fourth Prize Winner: @Brucer  One Month Free Forestry Forum member banner linked to your website. Includes banner creation.

Congratulations and Merry Christmas to Everyone! WINNERS!!! Please contact me by private message with your shipping information, including phone numbers.

Entries have to be received by Midnight Christmas Eve 2014 (Eastern Standard Time), and winners will be drawn from those entries on Christmas Day.

This year's contest begins with a wordsearch puzzle as stolen from a past year because everybody hated it  ;), but there are some new twists to this one! :)

How to play.
1.Use the puzzle link below to view and print out the puzzle.
PUZZLE LINK
2. Find all the names on the puzzle
3. Use the unused letters in the puzzle to reveal the SECRET MESSAGE
4. Use that Message to find where you must go to continue your quest to enter the contest.
5. If you do everything correctly, your entry with the correct information can then be sent to me for the drawing.
5. Winners drawn at random from all the successful entries. If there are none, I'm keeping all the stuff. ;) :D (Not really)

Helpful Hints:

1.IMPORTANT! Make SURE your puzzle prints out in its entirety. After it prints, check it against the one on screen. Make sure you have all the rows of letters.
2. Keep your puzzle legible. Be very careful about circling words. If you circle extra letters, or can not tell what are the extra letters, you will not be able to reveal the SECRET MESSAGE correctly. Drawing a line through the letters may be a better way to go. Tammy recommends using a narrow highlighter.
3. Use the extra letters starting with the top and going left to right. You will have more letters than you need at the end.
4. Use the blanks given on the puzzle print out. This will show you how many words, and how many letters in each word.
5. Read all the instructions where ever you find them. Its the simple things that will foul you up. :)
6. Take full advantage of reading glasses, a magnifying glass or a telescope. Or, better yet, get a kid to do it for you. :D
7. Remember, things don't have to be as hard as you make them. Sometimes, just the click of a mouse, a swipe of your hand or a new way of thinking or looking at things or potential clues you may have dismissed can make this so much easier at the very end. Don't get frustrated. HAVE FUN!
and 8. Try to think like Jeff... :D ;)

Good Luck, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Bahhahaha! I mean ho ho ho. ;D :D :)

And thanks again to Logrite tools, Bluecreeper and The Rite Leg Company for this year's prizes. :)

If you are reading this, and you view the Forestry Forum as a guest, and want to play, this is a good time to get registered so you can join in, as you need to be a member to be able to complete the entry at the end to have a chance to win a prize. :)
BIGTIME CONTEST SHORTCUT! SKIP TO THE END https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=2014christmas
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

I was wondering this morning when it would happen.   :snowball:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

DeerMeadowFarm

Oh boy....took me forever to get entered last year....

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: DeerMeadowFarm on December 16, 2014, 02:46:50 PM
Oh boy....took me forever to get entered last year....
Whoa, but not this year baby! Just finished and sent my entry in!!!!  8)

wwsjr

Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Jeff

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 16, 2014, 06:14:17 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 16, 2014, 04:56:34 PM
:)  Pretty good Boss!

How do you know? No entry from you yet! :)

:snowball:

I'm surprised Van Camp was not one of the words.  :D

Magicman

So far I am out of luck because I have not been able to copy it in it's entirety.  The right hand column is missing.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on December 16, 2014, 07:47:46 PM
So far I am out of luck because I have not been able to copy it in it's entirety.  The right hand column is missing.   :-\

Take a Sharpie and mark the words on your computer screen and take a picture. Then mail it in.  :D

Jeff

when you click the print button you should be able to select your printer setup for the document to fit the paper.

Magicman

The sharpie did not work.  I use a laptop and the screen is soft so I am just scratching the words out with my pocket knife. 

Don't worry about me Goat.  I'll smoke you like a 10 cent cigar.   :snowball:

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on December 16, 2014, 08:05:23 PM
The sharpie did not work.  I use a laptop and the screen is soft so I am just scratching the words out with my pocket knife. 

Don't worry about me Goat.  I'll smoke you like a 10 cent cigar.   :snowball:

Old Saying.  :D

ladnerlogging

Solved it in under an hour with help from dad. We were bored tonight and glad to have something to do.

Jeff

thecfarm

I felt mighty happy I solved it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

If I enter and DON'T win......will that be cruelty to animals?

DonT

That was fun, once again well done Jeff and thank you to log rite for supporting the forum. Merry Christmas   DonT

doctorb

Another hour of my life I can't get back....and wouldn't want to.  Thanks again for the annual test.

Doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

submarinesailor

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 16, 2014, 09:10:37 PM
If I enter and DON'T win......will that be cruelty to animals?

I don't know that goats were animals.  Are you sure that they don't belong in the same group as snakes??????? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D ::)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Dustin

Richardson Sawmill
'20 Wood-Mizer LT50HD Wide
Husqvarna 390XP and 450 chainsaws

Just getting started but already know I have an addiction problem.

Seaman

Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Thank You Sponsors!