persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Roxie

The dog looks happy! 

Happy Birthday, by the way! 
Say when

tule peak timber

ST Ranch

Rob - I was watching the news last night and it showed the jet stream running north south from along the Canadian Rockies [my place] all the way down to you and then east across Arizonia and Texas - So my yesterday morning -14F made its way down to you.
Couple questions, - when did it snow last in your area? and I was looking at google map [street view] and it looks like your community experiences regular brush fires/ - quite a contrast?
Tom
LT40G28 with mods,  Komatsu D37E crawler,
873 Bobcat with CWS log grapple,

StimW

Has California figured out how to tax it yet?
It's only 55* here now! But it's supposed to warm back up for the weekend.
New HF Band Mill
Branson 35 hp 4 WD Diesel Tractor W/Attachments- Backhoe, FEL W/ Bucket or Forks, 4' Tiller
4000# Clark Forklift W/24" Tires
Promark 6" Brush chipper W/18 hp Kohler

sawguy21

Ah shaddup :D We would be happy with 55 at the moment.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

tule peak timber

24 degrees here this morning.We get very little rain or snow. I have a attached a typical summertime view. I am located on a ridge with vistas  in all directions. Fires are a huge issue with many of them every year....Rob

sandhills

Nice pups (I'd probably be partial to the one in the last pic).  Oh yeah, the scenery is nice too, Happy Birthday  ;).

Skidder Kev

You got more snow then we did last night, I'm sure you won't see that often haha
Thanks for the pics and happy birthday

JohnG28

From the looks of those last 2 pictures it sort of looks like your vista is of a nuclear weapons test range!  :D
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

coxy

ha ha ha you can keep that right out there  the ground is frozen here that's good enough 12 more weeks with out snow would be nice    thank for the pic almost forgot what snow looked like  :D

tule peak timber

22 degrees here this morning, a house FULL of dogs , including the two new strays we took in before Christmas, fireplace is going, life is good....Happy New Year from the "mutt hotel"...Rob

sandhills

And here I thought we were Dog Horders  :D   :new_year:

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sandhills

Ya know, now that you have all that snow, and all those dogs, you might think about contracting SwampDonkey to build you a sled......

goose63

You should of been here in 1998 we had 110 inches of that white stuff drive way was 1/4 mile long through trees now that was fun keeping cleaned out
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

tule peak timber

Just got done repairing a burst irrigation riser. When it gets this cold the pipes go ka-boom !    >:( >:( >:(

sawguy21

OOF  :o That is cold for southern CA. 0C(32F) here just before noon which is cold by local standards. Our dogs don't want to go outside either.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ibseeker

Hey Rob,
Didn't realize we are neighbors, just passed through Aguanga after coming up the Palms to Pines highway on our way home from Palm Springs. I had no idea anyone was logging that area or did I misinterpret the pictures? What are you pulling out of the forest in that area, pine?
Cold weather really does mess with stuff here in SoCal. We've got gas pressure alarms coming in from all over the electric system this morning and yesterday as well. It is nice to have a change in weather though. I'm done with the heat...it's been a long hot year. Thankfully, no major fires in San Diego this season.
As far as the dogs go...I'm almost of the opinion that you can't have too many dogs...almost.

A belated Happy Birthday! Seems that we have more in common then just being neighbors.
I hope you have a safe, prosperous and healthy 2015.
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

tule peak timber

Hi IB, Yes you drove right by us ! Wood from around here- pretty much everything both hard and soft.We also truck a lot from central and northern Ca.  Rob

sprucebunny

Love your mutt hotel picture. Thanks for taking care of them.

Happy Birthday, Rob and Happy New Year.
Hug all the dogs for me .
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

scsmith42

Happy New Year to you too Rob!

I can related to the "Dog hotel".  We've got 7 right now (5 permanent and two fosters).  Life is never dull...
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

tule peak timber

Quote from: scsmith42 on January 02, 2015, 05:28:31 PM
Happy New Year to you too Rob!

I can related to the "Dog hotel".  We've got 7 right now (5 permanent and two fosters).  Life is never dull...
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!