iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dishonest REFEREES in sports.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 05, 2015, 07:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It was a sad day when the refs purposely made a bad call in the Cowboy vs. Lions game.
I'm not a Dallas fan or a Lions fan, but I believe in honest calls.
I honestly believe this bad call changed the outcome.

This particular situation is all on the sports channels, radio, net, twitter, FB, etc.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-aftermath/0ap3000000454594/Blandino-clarifies-non-pass-interference-call?campaign=Facebook_videos_blandino
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

I was a Cowboy fan since 71' but after the jerry jones era, it just faded away,  and it is sad when officials seemingly play into the hands of politics and money.  I did not see the play, or any replays of it, I just know, rather believe these officials were bought off.  The good news is that there is always a day of reckoning, and it never fails to clear the air.   
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

clww

That WAS a bad call! Or non-call. >:( It was another missed call when the Dallas receiver(Dez Bryant #88) runs onto the field, without a helmet. That should have been another 15 yard, "unsportsmanlike conduct" call that didn't happen, either!
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WmFritz

That call was a strange one. I thought the penalty was a done deal, first down and all that. Next thing I know, the flags were picked up and no penalty.  ::)

That call didn't lose the game  for the Lions. I'm not sure if they had the heat cranked up in Cowboy Stadium or what. By the 4th quarter, they were gassed.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That call sure did change the momentum.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

Jeff

Being a life long Lions fan, I'd like to jump on board, and true, the call did change the complexion of the game at that point, however Detroit had 4 quarters to win or lose that game. Its an old story for them.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on January 05, 2015, 08:34:59 PM
Being a life long Lions fan, I'd like to jump on board, and true, the call did change the complexion of the game at that point, however Detroit had 4 quarters to win or lose that game. Its an old story for them.

That call probably made your face turn blue.  ;) ( I won't use an explanation mark  :) )

Jeff

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on January 05, 2015, 08:43:31 PM
What is an explanation mark?

You no I can't spell Boss!  :D :D :D Sorry bout that!!!!!!

Jeff

beenthere

Best, for me, to not get wrapped up in the ref calls in a game.

But I agree with Jeff, that the Lions had more opportunities to win so one call does not a game make or break.

I am amazed that the ref's do as well as they do with the split second calls and re-calls (not the replays) that they deal with.

Now Dallas gets to go to Lambeau Field and play da Packers. I think the temps are supposed to warm up to the teens that day.

Watching basketball and the ref calls is much more traumatic for me.  :)  So I usually don't watch.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Alcranb

You suppose it was the call or one look at Postons hooves that made the Boss turn blue?

Now that might be cause for explanation  :o  smiley_curtain_peek
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

Small Slick

Worst call ever..... Packers vs Seahawks.

John.

sandhills

Quote from: Alcranb on January 05, 2015, 11:11:10 PM
You suppose it was the call or one look at Postons hooves that made the Boss turn blue?

Not sure but PLEASE don't let him wear those with his dress!  :)

Peter Drouin

Quote from: sandhills on January 05, 2015, 11:38:00 PM
Quote from: Alcranb on January 05, 2015, 11:11:10 PM

Not sure but PLEASE don't let him wear those with his dress!  :)

:D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Y'all are 1 tent short of a Circus!

drobertson

After watching the replay, there really is no room for doubt about interference.   Comments made about having 4 quarters could not be truer.  Back in little league with the boys I always told them about possible bad calls, so try and play the game which leads to removing any of them that could tilt the game.  Also,  I also agree with the comment that these guys (refs)do a good job at a high rate of speed,
It's just when they look at replays, the evidence is hard to dispute.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WmFritz

To be honest, I thought Detroit played a fair first half, but I never felt like they would pull off the win.

I blame Bobby Layne...

http://curseofbobbylayne.com/wordpress/?page_id=447
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill

Wick

I watched the game and believe there were calls and non calls during the game that went against the boys as well.
Would not blame the outcome on one call. But I still don't see how they can pick up a flag, haven't got an explanation on that one yet.
I sure hope they don't start reviewing penalties now.  ::)
Timber Harvester 30HT25

beenthere

Wick
QuoteBut I still don't see how they can pick up a flag, haven't got an explanation on that one yet.

I believe the link Poston posted in the OP explained it pretty well. Not that it was correct, but explains there are gray areas that can flip flop either way.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Wenrich

During the Ohio State/Penn State game this year, there were 2 bad calls.  One was an interception that clearly hit the ground.  That one wasn't overturned because they didn't have the feed to the replay truck.  Ohio State gets excellent field position, and later scores.  What would it be like if they didn't have that field position?

During a 49 yard field goal, the play clock had expired.  They made the field goal, no penalty for delay of game.  A penalty would have put them out of field goal range.

The game ended in a tie and PSU couldn't pull it out in OT.  Had the correct calls been made, PSU wouldn't have had to play uphill the whole game.  What would be the prospects of Ohio State in a championship game had they lost?  One fan said it was the first time he had gone to a game where the officials scored more points than the players. 

The playing field is supposed to be level.  When a player makes a mistake, his team pays for it.  Most times the coach pulls him from the game.  If they make bad enough of a mistake, they can get ejected from the game.  A pro player may even get fined.

What happens to a ref that makes a bad call?  Does he get fined?  Does he lose any work?  Nope.  He's back there making calls the next week.  His paycheck looks the same.

You can go and say they had 4 periods to score more than the other team.  That works if the field is level.  When you have 2 teams that are relatively equal, there is no reason to have a game settled by a blown call.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

terry f

If they hadn't thrown the flag it would have been just another play they missed and not a big deal, but to throw the flag, announce it, and then have the ref that parties with the Cowboys tell them to pick it up, something doesn't smell right. The Christie hug was awkward and funny though.

JohnG28

As an Eagles fan this just makes me sick, the Cowboys winning in any fashion!  >:( >:( air_plane
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Thank You Sponsors!