iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ebac ld3000

Started by JHEPP08, April 21, 2015, 11:48:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JHEPP08

Hey I have seen mixed reviews on these. I have a chance to buy a good 1 fairly cheap an would like to use it for awhile to save up an buy a NYLE. I know nyles are better machines but I thought eventually I could use it for small loads etc. just a young guy looking for advice. Could get this machine for around 1000 an that seems better then 7000 starting out. Thanks in advance!
Woodmizer LT15

Ga_Boy

Check with Oakie on here.  He has or had an Ebac, he should have the best insight on this type of unit.

10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

JHEPP08

Thanks! I messaged him
Woodmizer LT15

logboy

Is that price with the fans or without? It might seem like a steal until you have to drop another grand on fans. I just picked up another LD3000 yesterday for a second kiln. Its used and needs a bit of work, but they can be repaired. They are not a powerhouse by any stretch of the imagination. Do not try and dry the max green load they claim or you will have a mold farm. They will do ok for air dried lumber. I got them for drying slabs, so I prefer to have them a little underpowered. They seem to need a lot of maintenance. I had mine recharged a month ago after it got a hole and leaked the R22 out. I see by the tag inside the one I just bought that they replaced almost everything in it 3 years ago. Another mill by me has burned out at least four compressors in his. If you run them close to 120 degrees all the time you'll burn out the compressor. Unless you add an additional heat source that shouldnt be an issue since the internal heater is woefully underpowered.

I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

JHEPP08

Yea the price is turn key with a chamber even. So you recommend that I have additional heat? I see some people use those outdoor lights they put out some good heat. What else do you recommend? I'm all ears . I hope to get a nyle in a few years but I'm a new guy starting out. The plan was to get a start with this an then get the nyle. I'd still have this small setup I could use for slabs etc

Thanks
Woodmizer LT15

Thank You Sponsors!