iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

A little update. :( Yep, I do have a break in my hip. Doctor wanted to do surgery and put a pin in it. :o Good news, there is another direction that we going to try first. They going to put a few shots in it today. I will have to have x-rays once a week to see if the fraction doesn't open up. :o Still using a walker to get around, and will have to use one for a long time till things heal.

I did get that new nailer. Bad thing, it's still in my truck. Haven't even took it out the box. Will do this morning. ;D

samandothers

Sorry to hear!  Take time to heal this, no 'pushing through it'.

Magicman

I am sorry to hear this Paul.  "Dr. Me" says to stay off of it as much as possible and let it knit.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Been doing that the last two weeks. I broke this morning and went to the back. Fired off the heater and woodstove. Let things warm up some and then start installing some flooring in the front bedroom. ;D Yep, paid for it. Didn't get a picture. Was hard working on the knees and when the wife found out what I was doing, she just about ran me all the way home. :D

Oh, the wife loved the flooring. ;D Will try to get a picture tomorrow.

Got that shot in this afternoon. Was told if I don't get any relief in the next 3-4 days, then for sure I will have to get a pin in. >:( 

fishfighter

Good news. Was able to baby step today. 8) It was like learning to walk again. Still using the walker most of the time. :o Warmer weather, I got out. Was a very nice day. ;D Drove to the back and installed some more flooring. Picture I have is what I had installed before today.

Got about double of that now down. DanG glue is very thick due to the cold weather and very hard to spread. Then nailing is another story. This is some very hard stuff.

Will try to get more down this weekend unless I am sawing some logs. ;D

Crusarius

is that all oak? I love the looks of the different color gradients

fishfighter

fishfighter

Morning all. I am doing better. Still having to kind of hopping around. At least I don't have to use that DanG walker. ;D

Did get a little more of that flooring down. Had to stop due to the wife making me. ;D  Will try to finish up this week.

Magicman

Hopping is good and the flooring is too.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Yep, been good to just getting out the house. 8) Now if I could just motivate myself to go hunt. Haven't even been in the woods yet this fall. :(

fishfighter

A lot of work on the flooring, but I rap it up today. Very happy with it. Still have it give it a lite sand and then varnish it to make it pop.

A teaser with a piece of the base board I have that will be installed.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Darrel

That's a purdy floor! And happy thanksgiving to you too!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Magicman

Looks terrific and that is a good stopping point.  I wish you and your family the very best Thanksgiving Paul.  

btulloh

Very nice floor, Paul.  

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
HM126

Crusarius

Thanks for taking us along on this journey. I love your work it is inspiring. Looks great to.

fishfighter

Thanks all, we had a nice family dinner at MIL's house. Was the last dinner there. :'( The family will be putting the house up for sale soon.

On a bright note. Yesterday I did a little shopping at Homedepot . They had some glass tiles on sale. Same ones that I was looking at a couple months ago for the kitchen backsplash. Just didn't want to pay $9+ per sf. Bought more then enough for $2.48 a sf and also got a 10% discount on top of that. ;D
Power buy for once. 8)

On another side note. My daughter and SIL are coming over to start sawing up some lap siding. Been waiting on them to come over and do this. :o That new box of blades have been shaking to be opened up and put to use. :D

fishfighter

Was good to get out and saw some. Bunch of lap siding that is 5 3/4" x12'6". We sawed up only one log and pulled 50 of them and some 4/4 lumber.

fishfighter

What is one to do when it's cold and windy? Fire up the wood stove and hang some backsplash . ;D Still have to grout it.

Darrel

I that backsplash is lookin real good. 
1992 LT40HD

fishfighter

Was a power buy. $2.48 sf. 8) Was looking at it a few months ago which was over $9 sf. ;D So far, I have about $375 into the total cost of the kitchen. Still debating to use a copper sink or something else. :o

Still hopping around, but the hip is doing better. ;D

fishfighter

Got the backsplash grouted in today. Used a bone color grout. Came out nice matching the counter top.

With a little warm spell, but some rain, I am going to try in rent a floor sander and sand out the front bedroom and slap down some varnish in the next few days.

fishfighter

Got the front bedroom sanded out. 2+ hours for a little room. I did a full crack filling which was very little. That flooring is super hard. :o Still have a little more sanding I will get done tomorrow. Hope to get a coat on varnish on it tomorrow too!

Sorry, no pictures. :(

fishfighter

Yesterday, I spent a lot of time on my hands and knees sanding. :o Once finished, a bunch of vacuuming and then more.

First thing this morning, more vacuuming. Then I hand wipe the complete floor with some tact cloth.

All clean and ready for varnish. ;D

First coat starting to go down.

A lite coat for the first coat.

Oil base varnish. Say's that it takes around 8 hours to dry. Going to hit 77F here today. Hope it will dry so I can get a second coat on today.

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

fishfighter

Had to wait till over night, but got a second coat down. Didn't take a picture, but it really is now popping. I will be putting down 4 coats. ;D

Got that done and I then sealed the backsplash area. After that, had to cut some grass. :(. Then started a clean up and getting ready to start laying flooring in the kitchen/living  room area. ;D

Problem there, I have so many things in that area and really no place to move it. :o Guess it is time I will have to close in my old sawmill building. :o Yep, this old building that severed. ;D

That has been a few years ago I had put it up just after I got my mill. :D

Thank You Sponsors!