iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hudson Oscar 18 or Baker Wood Buddy Owners

Started by Jimbob, October 31, 2005, 04:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbob

These seem to be the only 2 sawmills that I can find in my price range.
Anyone have personal experience with either of these two?

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

music_boy

I used to own the 18. Sold it to go orange 8) I put my thoughts on that model on this forum some time back. Go do a search for oscar 18 and it should come up. If not , I'll check back and give you thoughts on it. Dan Shade has a 28. Same saw, larger model.
Rick
It's not how much YOU love, it is how much you ARE loved that matters. (Wizard of OZ)

Jeff

Well, my response would be go Baker! I know if you buy a Baker you get them standing right beside you here on the Forum as they are sponsors and members. If you have a question or need help after the purchase the forum will be another avenue besides Baker's fine direct customer support to get some help. When one of our sponsors customers posts about a need on here, and the Forum feels that someone from the company should see it or might be the best help, we do notify them.

Yep, gotta whole heartedly recommend Baker Products.  8)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

rvrdivr

I own a Hudson 36 and I will say it works ok. I bought it cause 1, the price, and 2, the Florida dealer is 5 miles down the road from me. Can't say I like the way Hudson treats that dealer though. The Hudson mill in my opinion is a good beginner mill or a weekend/part time operation like mine. If you have a choice get the most HP motor offered. The tracts and dogs are way over priced but these can be easily made. 

As an after though, you could maybe get a better used mill for around the same $.

badpenny

Jimbob, the Oscar 18 I have does a good job for me. Just recently sawed 2500 ft of red oak,birch and butternut for my cousin, 18 hours of "blade in wood" sawing time, all loading and tailing done by me too. Its slow but the lumber is sure nice to have. He builds cabinets during the winter, some of which will be for me in return for the sawing. Could I have bought a better mill? Sure, and bigger,too, but this one does what I want done.
Hope and Change, my foot,  It's time for Action and Results!

Thank You Sponsors!