iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Frontier 0s27

Started by Isaac, May 08, 2018, 02:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac

Hi all. Am fixing to buy a small manual mill for personal use and was leaning heavily towards the new frontier 0s27, until I saw the YouTube video where they demonstrated their mill at a challenge. The operators had to keep stopping to clean the sawdust out of the blade covers. I would appreciate any thoughts on this. Thank you 

Frontier_Paul

Hey Isaac, i had the same question to Norwood about that video. I did purchase the OS27 and have only had several instances where I had to stop and clean out the discharge port. It really has to do with the type of wood and how green or dry it is and the blade pitch of your saw blade.

OHBucknut

When you bought your frontier mill how was the assembly process?

Ga Mtn Man

Looks like a design problem to me.  Wouldn't be too hard to fix.  Have a look at the exhaust port on the Timbery  285.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Delta66

If you look at the current photos on their website, they have modified the design and added a dust port.  There aren't many videos on Youtube of the OS27 in its current configuration.  Mine was just delivered this morning but we're under 20 inches of snow and I don't plan to put it together until the roads are clear.  I will be filming the process as I go to help others since I can't find much for resources.  Norwood shouldn't have even put them on sale until they were done making design changes.  Alas, I liked their features better than Woodland Mills and decided to give them a try.

marcnaz

New to the forum, but curious to see any feedback on the Frontier mills from folks who use one. I just ordered the OS31 with the Kohler electric start and am impatiently awaiting delivery and looking forward to getting it! Seems like a fair price/quality mill for a beginner/home hobby sawmill.
USAF Retired

Thank You Sponsors!