iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bacon

Started by Burlkraft, September 11, 2012, 07:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

This is my second attempt at making bacon. My first attempt was with a frozen pork belly that was not of good quality. The bacon was ok, but I knew it could get better. This time I started with a Berkshire belly that was 10 1/2 pounds and very fresh.

First you fire up the egg and add chunks of mesquite

Then you take you awesome looking belly that has been brining for 5 days. I flavored one with hot peppers, one with garlic and one with brown sugar

After 3 hours at 200* you have bacon!

Jill's staying home today so it's fresh bacon and eggs for breakfast  ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

thecfarm

That sounds good and looks real good. I can smell it now.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Weekend_Sawyer

Wow, that sounds great!
I like the different flavors but I would have wanted one with all those!  ;D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

isawlogs

Quote from: Burlkraft on September 11, 2012, 07:39:25 AM
Jill's staying home today so it's fresh bacon and eggs for breakfast  ;D ;D

What will be your breakfast  ;D ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WildDog

That bacon looks better thN anything we can get in the shop here. :)
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

drobertson

there needs to be an aroma button in the Icon list, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Burlkraft

Yesterday morning didn't work out  :(

I sliced it all yesterday, but we have yet to try some. It's BLT's tonight  ;D

Weekend_Sawyer

BLTWxB&SOB

Bacon, lettuce and tomato with extra Bacon and a side order of bacon  8) 
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Burlkraft

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on September 12, 2012, 09:45:58 AM
BLTWxB&SOB

Bacon, lettuce and tomato with extra Bacon and a side order of bacon  8)
A sandwich after my own heart  :D

martyinmi

You guys must be genetically related to my wife. She's already had bacon flavored ice cream-although I don't remember where or when. She loves Diet Coke, and in her words,"The world will be perfect when the Coca Cola Company starts marketing bacon flavored Diet Coke".

Oh well, that would have to taste better than grit flavored Diet Coke! no_no   
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

thecfarm

Here we go. I wouldn't know i don't eat g...s and I don't drink diet coke. Filter is still working WDH.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Almost enough to make one drewel on their keyboard!  digin_2
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

;D Does it pass the stretch test? I mean it should pull apart when fresh and not stretch to twice it's length.
:D

Looks mighty tasty Steve. I have not eaten bacon for a long time. Wish I was next door, if only for the smell. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Bacon is among the finest of Hog Meat.  A case could be made that it is the best Hog Meat, and yours sure looks awesome  8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Burlkraft

Quote from: WDH on September 12, 2012, 09:50:09 PM
Bacon is among the finest of Hog Meat. 

Truer words have never been spoken.
Danny you are talented and wise  ;)

isawlogs

You going to have one of each flavor to have a opinion of wich is better  ???   A BLT made from garden tomatoe, fresh from da smoker bacon some garden lettuce on a home made bun, man what more can you ask for lunch. Noticed I left the g...s out of this menu.  ;)

Thsoe slabs look awsome Steve.  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

The cfarm is going to have to let down the g---s shield, or else us Southerners are gonna starve  :).

G---s and bacon and eggs, Mmmmmmmmm.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mike@Norwood

Bacon should have it's own food group, and is the answer to world peace.

Pork belly is near the top of my list of new things I'd like to try smoking. Yours looks amazing btw. Nice job

IMERC

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

IMERC

Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Thank You Sponsors!