iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Northern selling Husky saws?

Started by tyb525, August 23, 2010, 04:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyb525

I just got the northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company:AKA JUNK AND CRAP STORE catalog in the mail, and noticed that they now sell what looks to be the whole line of Husky saws! :o When did this happen?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

chucker

just got mine in the mail as well? but its good to see theres more then one place to by a second saw without running to town again!! usually takes about 3 days from a phone order and its here!! good going to northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company!!  power up and cut it down and up .....
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

Jeff

Good going?  Yea. right.  The skunk is in the woodshed again apparently.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mooseherder

I got one today also.
It has a green sticker that says Don't let this be your LAST CATALOG, Order Today!
Guess this is gonna be my last catalog. :D

Jeff

We got two. One to me and one to Tammy. This time I didn't waste my energy ripping mine in half before it went in the bin.

tyb525

I bought a sprayer from them ONE time, and continue to receive catalogs. Most of their crap is junk (or is their junk crap?). I don't buy from them.

I wonder if this indicates the quality of Husky's nowadays  ;)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Mooseherder

It must cost a couple bucks to get the catalog to each recipient eh after all the picture taking, processing, printing and shipping? ;D

chucker

:-\  over the last 10 years or so i have bought many items from nt. everything from generators to their air tools and have had no complaints.. even bought their little efco 147 with a 16" bar.. haveing cut well over a 100 crd of minnesota red oak with it and no problems!! so some of their items might be not as good as others ? or it could be that some operators do not do well with a tool/power tool for the right job. give a fool a 100.00 saw or a 500.00 saw and they will be treated the same! you get what you pay for as we all know, the more the better the item? lol
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

tyb525

I think it is kind of hit and miss, like Harbor Freight. It's not so much that they are crap, it's more that a lot of their tools are chinese knock-offs of American products. Ex: their cant hooks and log arches: Log Rite copies.

Warbird

Quote from: tyb525 on August 23, 2010, 06:23:15 PM
I wonder if this indicates the quality of Husky's nowadays  ;)

LOL Boy howdy, I believe you've done stepped in it this time!

Jeff

My position has nothing to do with the quality of their tools. If you want to buy crap from them buy it just don't say how snugly it makes you feel here.  Its an ethics violation on their part and my website(s) will never be used to promote them positively unless they decide to come clean, and to make muliti-millionaires out of the forestry forum sponsor family who's tool designs and ideas they have ripped off and had reproduced as vastly inferior replicas (including stolen ad graphics) in china to sell here to unsuspecting and unknowing customers when this American Company would not allow them to sell their original tools. (whew I hate run on sentences, but I had a mouthful to spit out)

That ain't going to happen, so they will never be promoted here and anything that is posted putting them in a positive light will eventually be removed.

Warbird

Jeff is right on.  They really did what he said.  I saw the pictures/video/proof myself.  I will never buy from Northern.  They rip off hard working Americans so they can sell a cheaper product, moving jobs out of our country, and further contributing to all the problems our economy is currently facing.  Plain and simple, they are thieves and worse.

tyb525

(I was just poking fun about Husky, if you look I own one myself and like it)

Seeing how Bailey's and Northern now sells Husky, I wonder if they are trying to broaden their markets by retailing through on line store nows?

Jeff

Bailey's have always sold Husqvarna, they just can't sell them online or via mail order the last I knew, and I thought that went for anyone. That's why this is a bit puzzling to me.

s grinder

My farther was a carpenter,retired from the craft in the early 70's,if you were on the job with a tool from a foreign country,they gave you a pink slip and sent you home at the end of the day.

Al_Smith

I'm not exactly sure what the deal is with Baileys and Husqvarna  .Husqvarna is being sold on line though by others .In other words there might be more to the story than meets the eye .

beenthere

Sounds like NT might be selling a look-alike Husky. Same scenario as the LogRite ??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

tyb525

JohnG28

northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

JohnG28

Jeff, I love that you get that whenever you type that in...northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company.  And I agree too, we need to stick with quality tools that arent knockoffs of someone elses products.  I remember a while back a member thought he bought a Stihl 361, but was Chinese knockoff, hope thats not what northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company is selling as a Husky.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

chucker

?? OK ?? so all saws have a serial number right! so then husky must have a data center where each saw is sold to and a registery of where it was made ... whats hard about calling a centeral to find out with a matched sn.????  it would only take one knock off to tell the story of the question/rumor........  just a thought???

Jeff

I doubt they are knock offs. Something else is going on I am sure.  Maybe they made a deal with Husky.  Maybe they bought a boat load of them outright and decided they can sell them any how they want no matter what Husky wants its dealer's to do. 

Warbird

Quote from: Warbird on August 23, 2010, 07:35:58 PM
Jeff is right on.  They really did what he said.  I saw the pictures/video/proof myself.  I will never buy from Northern.  They rip off hard working Americans so they can sell a cheaper product, moving jobs out of our country, and further contributing to all the problems our economy is currently facing.  Plain and simple, they are thieves and worse.

Chuck, what I said has nothing to do with Husky saws.  It has everything to do with how northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company intentionally screwed over good people and stole their product.  I could care less if the saws they are selling are real Huskys or not.  As Jeff said, until they come clean about their blatant theft, they get no business of mine.

1938farmall

Would never want to condone the actions of N.T. in any way but shouldn't we all remember the 1000's of other American Corporations who have, in the name of shareholder profit, sold out citizens willing to work and gutted the manufacturing base of our country?  al
aka oldnorskie

Warbird

Certainly, Al.  I do this when I go shopping and when I vote.  You can, too.  We all can.  And that's all I will say here, lest Jeff moves this topic to the Restricted Area and me to Woodshed.  ;) 

Thank You Sponsors!