iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ozark Fall Farmfest - Springfield, Mo.

Started by Bibbyman, September 16, 2002, 06:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Mary and I were thinking of going to the Paul Bunyan Forestry show in Nelsonville, OH early next month but there is another show the same weekend closer we may attend.  It's the Ozark Fall Farmfest in Springfield, MO, October 4-6 at the Empire Fairgrounds.  

Will Baugh from the Wood-Mizer outpost in Mt. Vernon, MO. will be there to demo mills.  I'll try to find out what mills he'll be bringing.  Maybe a new LT70 or 80! :o

Anyone else thinking of going to that one?  8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bro. Noble

I'm thinking about it.  My son has me back to work now.  We're so far behind that he may not want to let me off. If I could meet some of the forum members, I'd sure try.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

WV_hillbilly

Bibbyman

Thats a beautiful area out there in southern missouri. My wife and I honeymooned outside of Branson for 9 days in 94 . We loved it and want to go back soon.We spent 6 hours in Bass Pro what aawesome store.  But now we would  have to our 2 youngins with us. Don't think it will be as romantic as first time there  but will cross that bridge when we get there.Don't get me wrong I wouldn't trade them for the world.

I will definitely be going to Paul Bunyon show .But one of these days we will make it out to that nack of the woods again.

hillbilly
Hillbilly

Bibbyman

They make grandparents just to take the kids for a week or so while you and the better half get away - don't you know. ;D
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

The prospects are increasing that me and Mary will be going to the Ozark Fall Farmfest in Springfield, MO. October 4-5.   We sure would like to meet any Forestry Forum members or guests while we are there.  

We'll probably circle by the Wood-Mizer demo area every so often. If you don't see us right off,  you can ask Will Baugh - Wood-Mizer guy from Mt. Vernon, MO. if he's seen us.
Sawing since '94

Bro. Noble

Bibb,

Looks like I will be sawing then, trying to catch up.  If you get bored at the show or want to see some new country,  swing by our way and see how poor folks operate.  We are about 25 miles S. of Mtn. Grove or Ava.

Noble

Bibbyman

Things are getting a little nuts around here too.  We're getting about two orders in to every order out.  Sawed all weekend and I haven't got in the house before dark any evening this week.  

But,  all work and no play....  Sometimes you just got to get away..  Even if it's a sawmiller's vacation.  ::)
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

Noble,
  The problem is you are not on the road or map. ;D
      I am going to the Springfield Farm Fest to poke around and take a break.  If I get any orders sold this week then I will stop by Bass Pro on the way home.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Bro. Noble

Am too on the map.

Just before you get to Wasola,  there is a sign that says NOBLE.  Turn right there on 95 (instead of toward Noble) and we're at the top of the hill after you cross Bryant.

You're always welcome.

Noble

Bibbyman

The Arkansawyer strayed a little too far from the Wood-Mizer demo area and was caught by the Baker boys.  He wasn't hurt too bad buy being tossed over the fence.

The weather was perfect and there were a gazillion people there.  Will and Chris brought only an LT40HD25 and an LT15 to the show but drew a good crowd any time they fired one up.

The kids even took a turn. :o
Sawing since '94

Bro. Noble

Arkansawyer,

I shoulda gone !  I wouldn't have let those Baker guys lay a finger on you------until I had my camera ready.

Were there any mills represented other than those two?

Kent (made by one of the Baker boys too) also from Ellington Mo., and a Saw now being made in Van Buren Mo. should have been there.

Noble

Bibbyman

21 Saw Shop was there and we talked to them some.  For some reason,  I didn't take a picture. ???

May start sending my edger blades to them to be sharpened as our local circle blade sharpener went out of business.
Sawing since '94

Bro. Noble

Bibb,

21 saw shop is the one in Van Buren.  I got to thinking after my post above,  there is also Timber king in KC and I think Timber Harvestor used to be in Poplar Bluff.  Mo. is pretty well represented in the bandmill business.  West Plaines resaw too.

Noble

Bibbyman

TimberKing is of KC but must have stayed at home because I didn't see them there.  I thought Timber Harvester was from somewhere back east?  Like New York?  

We did have one TimberKing guy hang around the Wood-Mizer area.  We let him stay as long as he'd wear a Wood-Mizer hat.  

I'd like to let everyone know that there was no strife between the various mill manufactures or mill owners at the demo.  In fact,  these guys set up beside each other about every week somewhere in the country and get along just fine.  I've seen these guys help each other out when they need a tool or a part they forgot to bring or just another hand to help load.   They get along much more civil than some of the exchanges I've witnessed between mill owners on another forum.  Gentlemen all!
Sawing since '94

ARKANSAWYER

Any time I get a chance to go to a sawmill show I go.  I like to meet with others who saw and those who want to saw.  I often get work and referals.  I met a man there at the show who could not cut long timbers and he sent them to Will at Mt Vernon who sent them to the "crazy sawyer" in Arkansas.  I got to cut the beams and they got to finish their house.  21 Saw Shop was in a poor place but did try hard.  They have just been puttting out a band mill for 2 years and have alot to learn about putting on shows.  They will be worth watching and have a solid saw sharping service for both round and band blades.
ARKANSAWYER
P.S.  Noble it is good to know that you would have been there for back up, incase Bibby's camera messed up.
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!