iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Maintenance time

Started by SasquatchMan, October 05, 2004, 05:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SasquatchMan

What kind of time do y'all put in for cleanup, sharpening, check-up kind of stuff, say for an average day of cutting?  Or what's the typical run-hours/maintenance-hours ratio?
Senior Member?  That's funny.

Frickman

If I ran the saw all day I'll typically spend about thirty to forty-five minutes. That's cleaning, sharpening, and getting ready to go for in the morning.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

rebocardo

About 1/2 an hour per saw, greasing, cleaning, doing the air filter, etc.

Then for sharpening, 1 hour per chain on average for a 28" full comp chain. I usually use 4+ chains in one day, so I have to plan around which chains I am going to sharpen for the next day because I only have 12 (5 ripping and 7 cross cut).

I have had days where I had to quit early because I ran out of chains. Once a chain starts to dull and or gets hot, I swap it out on the next gas/oil fill.

I have found the presidential and vice president debates excellent times to catch up on sharpening.

DanManofStihl

I ususally just sharpen the chain and clean it off reall well clean the air filter and and do other minor stuff to it. It all depends on what I do with the saw how long i use and and what I use it for ae sticky pine juice and so on.
Two Things in life to be proud of a good wife and a good saw.

Thank You Sponsors!