iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dexter file guide

Started by Jgreen, January 15, 2018, 02:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jgreen

Can anyone point me in the right direction for one most of the old leads i have found on here no longer work thanks for any help

Brian_Rhoad

I found this number for Bruce Dexter at Sawmill Tool & Service Company.   (802) 626-9027

moodnacreek

Call  B. H. Payne; 800 752 0627.  They may not have any. Payne bought the remaining mill  supplies from the guy that bought out Dexter. They do have the diamond files for the file guide.  In spite of owning 5 different grinders the Dexter is the most accurate. Good luck, Doug

bandmiller2

Doug, do you know if Chris Duval that took over from Bruce is still hammering saws.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

moodnacreek

Bandmiller, herd that somebody took over Dexter's saw hammering but I don't really know.   When I [recently] got in this forum 4x4 hooked me up with Bruce Moore over in Gansevoort [Wilton] N.Y.  This man hammered a saw for me that others tried and it came out good. Moore is the real mechanic , so hard to find today. I could talk forever about getting saws hammered.

bandmiller2

Doug, years ago I considered hammering saws. Bruce told me he could teach me in a week, from there it would just be practice. Tensioning saw is a skill that must be used, its really not practical for a sawyer with one or two saws to hammer, you just wouldn't do it enough to be good. The way things are going we may have to learn. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Jgreen

Thanks guys ill give payne a call

moodnacreek

Just remembered Piper's saw [in Kentucky] used to have the Dexter file guide.

Bobby R

The Dexter File Guide is going back in production.  The Saw Shop in NH has bought the rights and will be selling them. Call Charlie at 603-381-4587. The Saw Shop

Bobby
B.H. Payne & Co.

Thank You Sponsors!