Started by moosehunter, March 12, 2018, 09:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

Anyone have a favorite recipe?
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I don't eat it and never have.....just saying.....carry on.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

starmac

I have tried, and tried hard, my advice is to put it on grits.

That said, my wife loves the stuff.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

sawguy21

:D That would be a strange combination. I like it too but have no idea how to make it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sprucebunny

I keep it simple. Some onion, a little garlic, some tomato and of course my favorite vegetable , avocado ! A dash of seasoned salt, sometimes pepper.
I made some the other night in a small blender thing and it came out great.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Chuck White

I've tried it, and I just don't care for it!

To me it has the consistency of Crisco!   
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Raider Bill

Mooseherder makes a DanG good one.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

WV Sawmiller

I don't make it and not nearly as high on my favorites list as a good salsa. 

I worked in Cameroon in West Africa for several years and used to comment how they had all the ingredients to make it (Avocados, lemon, onion, garlic, etc) readily available but no corn chips. When they would get an order of corn chips in the westernized market the first American in store empty the shelves and would be seen pushing 2-3 shopping carts full out to his car.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Skip

coxy

Quote from: starmac on March 13, 2018, 12:25:45 AM
I have tried, and tried hard, my advice is to put it on grits.

That said, my wife loves the stuff.
Quote from: Skip on March 13, 2018, 09:37:37 AM
That stuff is Nasty !

:D :D :D :D starmac you beat me to it  the two worst foods man/woman came up with 8) 8)       skip i guess you have a fan club now  :D

Ljohnsaw

Well, I guess Guacamole is the west coast version of Grits. :D  Either you love it or you hate it. 

I am California born but my family moved to NY when I was 11.  There was NO Mexican food available.  My dad had to bring supplies back on business trips out west.  Moved back when I was 20.  Must be in my blood, I love avocados and Guac.  My daughter likes to put raw sweet white corn in it - nice crunch and sweet pop to it.  I don't like (raw) onions in it, just tomato, a little Tabasco, a touch of pepper, lemon and the corn.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Chuck White on March 13, 2018, 06:54:26 AM
I've tried it, and I just don't care for it!

To me it has the consistency of Crisco!  
It reminds me of the Blubber kids play with that comes in a plastic container.
Not gonna eat it. 
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on March 13, 2018, 05:49:02 PMNot gonna eat it.

Ahh, come on...  I'll try grits if you try Guac. ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Reddog sawmill

Blanch 2 tomatillos then blend. Add that to 1 avacado a spoon of sour cream and a splash of vinegar salt and pepper to taste and some fresh garlic and jalapeƱo if you like. That recipe is from an old familey friend from monetary mexico 

moosehunter

I just tried it as Spruce Bunny wrote. Very good. I'll try the others when I get more avacado. 
Thanks!

I like Grits also.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Thank You Sponsors!