iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT28 log turner problems (fixed)

Started by Qweaver, May 13, 2010, 04:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

Marty sent me a set of rollers for the LT28 side supports.  I installed them today and they made the turner work 100% better.  Made turning with a cant hook easier too.  They cost $50 for two sets plus $12 shipping.  Money well spent!  WM should just make these standard equipment and add $50 to the price. 
BTW, these use a brass bush but I installed mine with anti-seize (per Marty's suggestion).
Quinton 
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Chuck White

When I bought my sawmill, it had a single roller installed on each of the hydraulically operated log stops.

They do make rolling a log or cant go a little easier.

Really don't see a need for a second roller, but there must be a reason they come in pairs.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Slabs

I'd like to see a picture of an installed roller.  I'm particurlarly concerned with the view down the length of the mill, the closer the better.   Got my own ideas of how it should work but The real McCoy would help.

Thanks
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

Thank You Sponsors!