iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

slabber in New Hampshire area

Started by ClarkNH, May 31, 2018, 09:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClarkNH

Hello
I have had some good sized White Pine logs brought into my yard.
To do them justice I am looking to have them slabbed.
Is there anyone in the southwestern New Hampshire area with a slabber?
Have equipment and plenty of area to stage.
Thank you in advance for any information.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm down South Clark but if I may ask, whats your plans for slabbed White Pine?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

chep

I have a buddy in Deerfield mass with a Lucas 60 inch slabber. Pm me if you want his contact

ClarkNH

Hello POSTON They will be used for countertops, tables, bar tops and the similar.
Will cut 2" to 3" thick.

Thank You chep

4x4American

While the subject is brought up I've got pretty much the same situation in Fort Ann NY (near Rutland VT).  Need someone who can cut approx. 4' wide.
Boy, back in my day..

Upstatewoodchuc

That's tempting 4x4, although a lil far.  how wide are said slabs? I chainsaw mill and can handle about 64" wide with my setup.
Current collection: Husky 3120xp,  372xp, 365, husky 55, homelite xl12. Michigan 85 wheel loader, Ford 8n with loader and forks. Farmall super C, 1988 international dump truck, John Deere 440ICD dozer, 19ft equipment trailer, 40 ton TSC splitter, modified dieder splitter with 4 way.

4x4American

They aren't slabs yet lol they're still 4' wide pine logs only 2 of em
Boy, back in my day..

Upstatewoodchuc

Sorry, bad phrasing lol. I have a 72" bar for my 3120 and jig that yields me in the neighborhood of a 64" cut. But yeah, far out for two logs, good luck out there!
Current collection: Husky 3120xp,  372xp, 365, husky 55, homelite xl12. Michigan 85 wheel loader, Ford 8n with loader and forks. Farmall super C, 1988 international dump truck, John Deere 440ICD dozer, 19ft equipment trailer, 40 ton TSC splitter, modified dieder splitter with 4 way.

4x4American

Quote from: Upstatewoodchuc on June 02, 2018, 09:37:55 PM
Sorry, bad phrasing lol. I have a 72" bar for my 3120 and jig that yields me in the neighborhood of a 64" cut. But yeah, far out for two logs, good luck out there!
lol 
Where in upstate you are? 
Boy, back in my day..

Upstatewoodchuc

Brad_bb

First I look on the FF member map.  Then craigslist to see if anyone is adverting slabs. Then I start talking to other sawyer in the area so see if they know a slabber in the area.  Those are usually the ones who know.  To find local sawyer look on Craislist, the woodmizer pro sawyer network, then google.  Those are the only ways I know.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Thank You Sponsors!