iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 576 XP-G Failure!!

Started by lostyooper6, January 04, 2012, 11:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostyooper6

Anybody had any issues with their 576 Husky?  I have a husky 576 with the heated hand grips that I just put less than 10 tanks of gas through.  On the last tank, yes the "last tank" it would quit every time I came off of a full gun.  Then it quit altogether and would not restart.  Its brand new, so I brought it direcetly to the dealer who said it burned up - they didn't elaborate on what that meant, but Husky is shipping me a new saw.  BTW - this is my first saw with heated handgrips & there is no reason to have cold hands while cutting wood, the option was well worth the extra $100!!! 

lumberjack48

I would want to know why my new saw brunt up   :o  on Believable
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Clam77

Agreed.  Almost sounds as if they knew that model/version/SN-range of saw has had problems and they just want to quietly get it fixed...
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

T Welsh

Clam77,lumberjack48, You guys are mind readers ;D. when I first read this thread I thought the same thing! All to often the manufacturers are lowering there standards to compete in other markets other than the pro models. I have seen this trend before and it hurts them,but they have to make a living too! lostyooper6, at least you got a new saw out of the deal,its about all you could ask for. Tim

lostyooper6

You guys called it, they still didn't know what the failure was, but they did say Husky said they had a problem with saws in my serial # range.  Pick up the new saw tonight.

lynches lumber

Didn't need to hear that. Just bought one. Haven't even run one tank full yet.Didnt get the hand warmer tho. figured it was one less thing to mess up. Plus if ya aint warm cutting wood ya aint cutting fast enough. ;D

wannabeonetoo

Quote from: lostyooper6 on January 05, 2012, 01:55:18 PM
You guys called it, they still didn't know what the failure was, but they did say Husky said they had a problem with saws in my serial # range.  Pick up the new saw tonight.

Talking to a fellow today who had a main bearing failure in one, it also had heated handles, dealer got it replaced N/C (they told him it was under 2yrs. old so it is covered).

Steve

Ianab

Sometimes it's not the occasional failure that's the problem, it's how the company deal with it that matters. Anything mechanical  can go wrong. Something wrong with the carby maybe, causing a lean burn? But you bought it from a good dealer and a reputable company so they are looking after you.

Usually, "If it breaks we will fix it" is better than "these never break". Cos you can be sure that in the 2nd case, when it does eventually break, they wont be set up to fix it.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

thecfarm

It's good you have a good dealer.I have the heated handles and really like them. I hook up my trees too with chains. That's the problem and having trouble with cold hands too. I'm fine until I grab the chain that is full of snow and my gloves get wet. I try to carry spares,but kinda hard to have 20 spares. Guess SC don't have that white stuff. Lucky you.No need to turn the handles on here,YET. No snow here. I don't even know if they are working this year.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed

Got to fondle a new 576xp today. Didn't like the ergonomics of it at all. Felt like they've twisted the handlebar even more than usuall on this saw. I just couldn't get comfortable with it.

Guess I'm just used to Stihl & J-red.

Ed

lostyooper6

I like the twist on the 576 better than the traditional husky handle.  I can't really argue your comparison though, in 25 years I have never cut with anything other than a husky, I may have picked up a Homelate or something for a minute while helping a friend, but that's about it.  I have a 162SE my dad bought when I was very young, still have it and it is still on the original piston and rings.  He piece cut with it and so did I, still ran when I threw it in the attic about 6 yrs ago.  I'd like to restore that one some day. 

lumberjack48

I had 3 or 4 162SE'S, they were a hot little saw. if you could keep a muffler on.

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

T Welsh

Quote from: lumberjack48 on January 07, 2012, 03:00:18 PM
I had 3 or 4 162SE'S, they were a hot little saw. if you could keep a muffler on.

I forgot about those and some other models that would lose muffler bolts all the time(got so bad that  i would safety wire the bolts so they would stay on. Tim

s grinder

My friend had the same problem with a 576 XP,they gave him a new saw,been great ever since.

TheEquineFencer

Old post I know. I didn't make it through the first tank of fuel and mine quit...cooled off and would run but no power...sent it back to the dealer via my G/F, she said they said the adjusted the carb...yep, it's an Autotune. Got it back, same thing. I did a video of it running to show them. Then took it in  myself. The DA at the store said I'd "burned the motor up cutting with a dull chain." I went off, the owner came over and looked at the chain, said to leave it. I got a call a month later, they "said" Husky was replace the powerhead under warranty. I got it back and went through 4-5 tanks of fuel and it lost power again. The dealer wouldn't return my calls, so it's door stop now. I bought a Sthil 461, one day when I'm not so *pithed off with it, I may see if it can be fixed...and then sell the thing...No more Huskies for me...I miss my 576XP "old school" saw that burned in the shop fire...

Thank You Sponsors!