iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm not hungry! You eat it!!!

Started by Darrel, March 14, 2018, 02:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

So I'm sleeping and forcing its way into my consciousness is the meowing of the cat. She doesn't quite sound right it's like there's a sock or something in her mouth. Then I feel her jump up onto the bed and my eyes reluctantly open and there she is not six inches from my face with a tail hanging out of her mouth.  Her feet are wet, they still have snow on them.  Her mouth opens and and the tail together with the attached mouse drops out and disappears under my pillow. Sally quickly reaches under the pillow with her paw and pulls it back out. 

By this time I'm awake and wanting like everything for the cat and mouse game to be somewhere, anywhere else, just not in bed with with me!  

Vera is awake now and praising Sally for her great hunting skills, "Good kitty, good kitty!  You're such a good hunter!"  I'm thinking just eat the DanG thing!  No, I'm not hungry, you eat it!

Meanwhile back on my side of the bed the mouse is dropped once more and I quickly brush it off onto the floor with the back of my hand and Sally once again has it in her mouth before it even has a chance to hit the floor and the muted meowing starts again and lands smack dab in front of me and before the gift can be given again I shove the two tailed tiger off onto the floor. She makes several attempts to get back up on the bed, but I'm having no part of it.

Just eat the DanG mouse Sally. Just eat it. 

As I drift off to sleep I hear the music of crunching bones. 

Life is once again good!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

sawguy21

:D :D She is trying to impress the pride (you) with her hunting skils Sounds like something my cat would have done in a younger day. She did bring a live one in the kitchen and let it go, you should have seen the commotion.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Crusarius

Jeff

She loves you! And no, I'll not be moving this to the food section.

Coulda been worse.  S--ke  I can't even type it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

starmac

I am soooo thankful my wife is bad allergic to cats, I can't imagine waking up with something looking back at me, and especially something turning a mouse loose on me.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

LeeB

We get mice, birds, lizards, an occasional snake. We don't have a bed, they do and are ever so kind as to let us have a small portion of it to sleep on. I often wake up with 4 cats plastered to me and immobilizing me. We only have 8 of them, or is it 8 of them only have the two slaves they share between them?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Southside

Now that's funny!!!  I have never had one bring one into the house via the dog door, but you should see what happens when a chicken grabs a mouse outside!!!  Talk about a commotion.  Before anybody asks - yes we have had one or two chickens make their way into the house via the dog door over the years. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Darrel

Quote from: Jeff on March 14, 2018, 02:44:43 PM
She loves you! And no, I'll not be moving this to the food section.

Coulda been worse.  S--ke  I can't even type it.
The thought of posting it there did cross my mind but . . . . .  Well I thought you might put it somewhere else.  :D
1992 LT40HD

WV Sawmiller

I like it.

When we first moved here to WV my wife opened the front door and bumped the cat who was carrying a chipmunk. When the screen door hit the cat she dropped the munk who immediately ran up Becky's pants legs and she (wife) started screaming and showing off dance moves not normally seen. Unfortunately the munk finally fell out and she accidentally stepped on it and killed it - she really did not want to hurt it.

The last cat we had would ramble up in the woods and catch chipmunks and mice and a couple of times he came down where I was in a ladder stand bow hunting. She would lose the munk then spotted me and saw at the foot of my stand yaowling which, as near as I can determine, did not help the deer hunting.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

We had a greenhouse business and the cat carried a chipmuck into the greenhouse while I was waiting on a customer. The customer was not happy. I picked up the cat to get it away from the customer. The chipmuck bit me!! The cat had only mained the chipmuck,it was still alive.
We had another cat,when it came in the house,we would have to check it's mouth. A mouse was normal.One cat we had was real good catching chipmucks. Seem like it always had a chipmuck in it's mouth. It would not bring them in the house or even bring them to us.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ljohnsaw

A friend was visiting at our little ranch.  She looked out the front window to see one of our cats that had a squirrel in its mouth, walking up to the front porch.  She opened the front door and yelled at the cat.  The cat promptly dropped the squirrel which ran in the front door to get away from the cat.  The squirrel ran into my daughters bed room and took us a good 20 minutes to get it back out the door.  The cat, by the way, had a locked up front leg from a horse stepping on it when it was hunting in the pasture.  This cat could still climb trees with three working paws to raid bird nests.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Tell Sally they are cheaper by the dozen.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Darrel

Now if I could only get her to put them on sticks like that!

One summer evening I was watching the news and heard a faint knocking on the front door so I went to see who it was. It was the 5 year old neighbor girl.  She was there to inform me that my cat was eating a bird, I looked down and sure 'nuff there he was eating a bird so I said that it looked like supper time for kitty.  And she says, "Well aren't you going to make him stop.  I said, "No, how would you like it if I made you stop next time you eat a bird?"  She said, "I don't eat birds."  I said, "Do you eat chicken?" She said, "Yes."  I said, "Chickens are birds." She said, "Oh."

A few days later her mother said in a rather irritated sounding voice. "Darrel, don't you be telling my daughter that chicken is a bird!  Now she won't eat chicken!"  So I said in a quite sort of voice, "Can I tell her that beef is a cow?"

Somehow she didn't see the humor in that. :D
1992 LT40HD

thecfarm

My turn for another story.
 My neighbor loves  and I mean loves her cat. It's a male and so is mine. One day she comes to see me. Seems like my cat is beating up her cat and she did not like it and what was I going to do about it. Well I looked right at her and told her,I will talk to him about that. She left kinda quick.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WV Sawmiller

Our cats used to catch and carry chipmunks holding them in the middle of the back. I think it paralyzes the munk because he won't be kicking or anything. I was on R&R one October from an overseas project and came home and our old cat, Ugly, had a munk. I jumped out and grabbed it and it did not seem injured so I put it in an old bird cage. Kids named him Simon. A couple weeks later when it was time for me to fly back overseas I was going to Simon let out but he had escaped. All the way to the airport my wife chewed on me about how the munk was going to die and stink up the house and it was my fault but she was the one being inconvenienced. A few days later I got an e-mail that she and son had caught Simon downstairs. At that point my conscience was clear! She put it back in the cage and Simon escaped again. Not my fault this time! Thanksgiving and Christmas came and went with no sign of Simon. We had one cat and a German Shepherd in the house full time plus my daughter came in a couple weeks of that time with their 2 dogs and her cat. After Christmas wife and son were watch TV and suddenly a very large Simon came out of the portable dishwasher, ran over to the dog food dish, stuffed his cheeks full and headed back. He had gotten so big he had a hard time getting in the small opening and son caught him and they put him back in the cage where he stayed till Spring, gave him to another friend who freed him when weather permitted. Son took the back off the dishwasher and recovered about 25 lbs of dry dog food Simon had stored over his months of freedom. All that time he was right under our noses but he was very discrete.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

Meanwhile the poor dog was on a forced diet!!! LOL!
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

51cub

My neighbor, who's allergic to cats, had one he brought home from the golf course. The foursome he was with took all but the one, so he couldn't leave it. She got to hanging around my house, fine with me, animals are great. After a fashion she started bringing dead mice to the back door, that's fine too, it's what they do. Then one day it was a snake. I thought I was being quite polite when I told her to bring all the mice she wanted, but never ever a snake. I never got anything again after that day
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

samandothers

The morning I was heading out to work and let our cat in and she released a live bird was exciting.  I was chasing this bird around with a fish net from the aquarium trying not to wake the wife and not step on the cat who was also in the chase.

I do check her mouth now before opening the door!

Jeff

I am allergic to cats too or I would have one. I like cats.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

Lindy said Stinky brought a bird in this morning. She's quite the hunter. Lindy put a bell on her collar to warn the birds but it does no good. She only rings the bell when she wants us to hear it.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

terrifictimbersllc

How did can I miss this thread until now a while longer? :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

woodmaker

The saying goes"dogs have owners,cats have staff" . I am also staff.
franklin q80,builtrite 40,husky 372,sachs dolmar 123, dozers,excavators,loaders,tri-axle dump trucks ,autocar tractor with dump,flatbed and detachable trailers, and 8  f350 diesels

Darrel

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on March 15, 2018, 04:18:14 PM
How did can I miss this thread until now a while longer? :D
Gotcha!  And you can't unsee it! :D
1992 LT40HD

starmac

Quote from: woodmaker on March 15, 2018, 09:26:54 PM
The saying goes"dogs have owners,cats have staff" . I am also staff.
Since I have been a supposed adult, I have only had one dog for any length of time and he liked cats about as much as I did, so I sure never had to worry about being staff.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

51cub

The cat I have now I have only because I wasn't going to let her go to the pound. She tolerates some people, me after about 3 years. She's not too bad with dogs, but she can get testy with the ones I'm babysitting now. But other cats, if she sees a cat down the road and in back of a house, one of those howl/growl/moans that come from way down in the brisket- like to scare the devil out of me
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Thank You Sponsors!