iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

One of my customers made a tractor for his Daughter.

Started by Ohio_Bill, January 29, 2016, 09:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio_Bill

One of my industrial customers has been building pulling tractors for many years. His daughter pulls this one it's a real family effort and they have done  very well.

Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

thecfarm

I could be adopted real easy. Black Knight would sound good.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

submarinesailor

Ocklawahaboy

Is that 5 V8s in that thing?  Im not well versed in that type of machine but it looks as much like a tractor as a nascar looks "stock."

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Ohio_Bill

The tractor only weighs 7700 lbs and is about 12000 hp. Very impressive work done in his own shop.
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

WV Sawmiller

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

4x4American

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 29, 2016, 10:38:47 PM
Does it come in a 4WD model?

I'm not so sure them front wheels would do anything if they had power to em anyhow  :D :D
Boy, back in my day..

Left Coast Chris

Hmmm.....  very impressive but since they are calling it a tractor you have to wonder how many passes up and down a field it would make before running out of fuel  :D :)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Brucer

"Tractor" has the same Latin root as "Traction". The Latin word (trahere) means "to drag".

I'd say that machine can definitely drag ;D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

sandsawmill14

Ohio_Bill  there used to be some folks from that area (i cant remember name of the town) that pulled a international superstock diesel that was named the black widow and was wondering if might be same family ???
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Ford_man

That would be a hassle to clime on and off all day setting chokers.

Roxie

Quote from: Brucer on January 30, 2016, 12:07:59 AM
"Tractor" has the same Latin root as "Traction". The Latin word (trahere) means "to drag".

I'd say that machine can definitely drag ;D.

I did not know that.  You learn something new everyday.   :P
Say when

Bark Beetle

That is awesome! Its only 480 to 600 times the horse power of my Farmall Super A. I think you would only have to set chokers once a day and you could have a lot of logs back at once Ford_man. :D
You don't work wood, you work with wood.

Kbeitz

Guess that could out pull my 4 wheel drive home made junk...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

thecfarm

Now that's a tractor!! Where have you been hiding that?????  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Gearbox

Brucer the word tractor was first used by the Hart Parr company in 1906 when they hooked old # 1 to a plow .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Brucer

:P

Apparently, it was earlier than that. In 1903 Hart & Parr combined the words "traction" and "power" to create the word "tractor". That's interesting because it shows exactly how the word was derived.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

timberlinetree

It would be a hay day having that! Its powered by a v8+v8+v8?How many does he have hidden in there?
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Magicman

I see 5 intakes, but with that rig, who knows.  On Kbeitz's rig, I see one "not-V8".
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

That looks real pretty, but I like the antique pulls that we have every summer in my town. They all are 1950 or older and the drivers are from 8 to 80 years old.. Here is a short video and some pics of last years pull.  :)
https://youtu.be/_wE5had3sok
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Thank You Sponsors!