iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

price on logs

Started by odouls100, February 22, 2012, 06:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

odouls100

hello everyone im buying a bunch of logs tomorrow red pine there is 88 log that vary from 14 to 18 feet long most long and 8 in to 13 inch round most on the longer side the guy wants 1200 im going to try to work him down to 1k does that sound like an ave price by my little description thanks
matt odell

Ohio_Bill

From your description it sounds like about 4000 board feet of logs. In my part of the country that price would be about twice as much as it should be.  IMO   :P
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

odouls100

thanks for your response sounds like im getting a deal then
matt odell

Ohio_Bill

At $1200.00   4000 bf of logs would be 30 cent a bf. Is that price delivered?  I can get pine logs in the 15inch range delivered for 25 cents bf, but I know prices vary in different parts of the country.
Bill
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

DouginUtah

@odouls100,

One of us has misunderstood what Ohio-Bill said. Didn't he imply that you should only be paying about $600?  ???
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Ohio_Bill

Doug  thanks for the clarification .  That is what I was trying to say
Bill

Okrafarmer

I guess it depends how badly he wants them....

Around here the mills are buying the functionally similar Southern Yellow Pine species for around $150-180 /k which is like the price of stale dirt. Uh-- when they are buying at all.  :(   Prices may be higher up north for the red pine-- a good structural wood, red pine.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

shortlogger

Same here I can't haul off all the timber I have been given people are always asking me to come after a load or two of pine I have more than I want and the mills are coverd up I used to sell a lot of the excess for chip wood but the prices are so low it nearly cost me to haul it but that's just where I live maybe it's not that bad everywhere .
1 Corinthians 3:7 So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase . "NKJV"

Thank You Sponsors!