iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Newbie to the Forum

Started by Board Cutter, February 08, 2014, 06:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Board Cutter

Just a hello, and Thanks to Magic man for the kind words reference a post.
A little about me - I grew up on a small "stump" farm where we had all kinds of animals and raised a garden every year.
Learned woodcraft from my dad.  We have been cutting firewood and clearing for pasture for as long as I can remember.  We had a portable mill come in on numerous occasions to cut lumber for us, had a bad experience with the last one. Lumber was horrible, so we decided to buy our own mill, bought a Timberking 2000.  Just cut our own stuff but when I retire, may look at doing some milling for others.
TimberKing 2000, John Deere 970, Hitachi Excavator,

Board Cutter

thecfarm

Nice set up. Looks like you have something else to help out with logs. All I can see is the bucket.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Escavader

Are you loading with excavator with a thumb? Wow why didn't I think of that
Alan Bickford
Hammond lumber company/Yates American A20 planer with dbl profilers Newman feed table multiple saw trimmer destacker automatic stacking machine Baker resaw MS log corner machine  4 large capacity Nyles dehumidification kilns JCB 8000 lb forklifts woodmizer lt 15 and mp100 and blower

Board Cutter

Yes, we have a small excavator, I use it to move logs around.  Since this picture was taken I've redone my log deck and can easily move them with a peavey or cant hook after they are staged with excavator.

Magicman

Nice saw shed and thanks for the intro.   :)

Redbeard has a TimberKing and is just North of you on Whidbey Island. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

Welcome aboard. Nice set up you have. bg

thecfarm

That is how I load my mill. I mean with a log deck. Most times I put the logs onto a deck with my loader and roll them onto to the sawmill. Less chance of damage with me and my peavey instead of me and my tractor.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

customsawyer

Nice setup and welcome to the forum.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

Nice set up ,welcome and good luck with your new rig.
al glenn

SawyerBrown

Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

scully

Welcome ! Looks like you  are starting off at the top ! Great equipment and mill shed ! No doubt you will be happy you made the leap !
I bleed orange  .

Billbob

Welcome Board Cutter.  Great setup you have there.  Looks comfortable and easy to work with.

Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

Board Cutter

Thanks for the warm welcome.
We get lots of rain up here, so the cover kind of became a necessity.  Also gave me a chance to use some of the lumber I'd milled!
I wish I had found the forum earlier, I've been milling for three years now, but have learned a bunch reading the threads.

redbeard

Welcome board cutter were sort of Neighbors Iam 100 miles North of you. Nice set up you have. We will have to hook up sometime.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Board Cutter!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

drobertson

Glad to see you set up. I especially like the sky light roofing, I am wishing I would have put in a few of those.
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Board Cutter

I had built a wood shed before the Mill cover and found it was really dark.  So when I built the mill cover, I decided to use a lot of clear panels.  It has worked out really well.

drobertson

No doubt about that! I gave it a thought, then the timing crunch got me.  I got to rammy,  Sure wish I had, makes it nice on the cloudy dark days I'm sure.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

jwillett2009

60 acre woodlot, 455 rancher husqavarna, MS660 stihl, 196? Massey ferguson farm tractor with three point hitch, Granberg Mark III Alaskan CSM, Sierra 1500

dboyt

Welcome!  I like that setup.  Maybe throw a tarp over it for shade on those hot summer days.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

MAI

arnold113

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Cutter. Looks like you've got a nice setup there.
DIY band saw mill: four post, 25 HP gas engine, 32" x 18' portable, 24 vdc and hydraulic controls, pineywoods log turner, hyd log loader. RF remote controls for mill.  DIY set works.

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!