Today, I won the my appeal.

My first log.

My first cut.

My first turn.

My first cant.

My first board.

First first stack of lumber.

My first tally: 94.4 board feet

The widths ranged from 13" wide down to 5" wide. Only 99,906 more boardfeet to go.

The tach/hourmeter I added put the job down at about an hour, with the most inefficient work layout. The mill is setup with a hill directly behind the operator station where you normally offload the slabs and lumber. After each pass I had walk around the mill, offload the board or slab, walk back around to move the carriage, around again to release the log clamp, half way back to roll the log, and half way back to clamp it back in place. Finally I could walk back around the mill to adjust the head and make the next pass.

Do I qualify as a sawyer yet?
'97 Wood-Mizer LT25 All Manual with 15HP Kohler

thecfarm

Have you sawed into the mill?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jmouton

is that an lt-25 ?   it looks a lot like ours

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

AnthonyW

I had a close call with one backstop. One corner on it is a little shinier than on the others and I probably dulled most of the teeth with their set poised downwards.

It is an LT-25. I cleaned up the top guide rail and it traverses great, but I think the tower needs cleaning up as well. Raising and lowering the head takes a little more effort than I think it should.

thecfarm

We'll give that one to ya. Now you are a sawyer.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Red Good

Bet the whole 1st's feels great ! Stack of your lumber at the end has to be a very good feeling . Congrats !
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

drobertson

8), ya, you are a sawyer now!  hills and valleys, just part of it, time will show much improvements.  Getting started is most often the hardest part of any endeavor.  Happy for you!    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

AnthonyW

Quote from: Red Good on December 08, 2013, 08:37:12 PM
Bet the whole 1st's feels great ! Stack of your lumber at the end has to be a very good feeling . Congrats !

Yes, all the firsts feel good and the stack makes me feel pretty proud. I can't help but think about the crew in Texas. I look forward to seeing the stack of lumber that our members are working to build. That will provide a much better feeling, especially at this time of the year.

The current location of the mill is by coincidence and necessity, and is temporary. The trees that helped kick off this venture were felled nearby (actually the stump from two of them is about 20' to the rear of the mill and can just be seen in the photos). Also the final home has yet to be cleared and prepped.

TimGA

Anthony,   I was sawing yesterday everything moving right along, my neighbor and our mutual friend come up and start talking. All of a sudden BAM blade off I said never just had blade come off, right into backstop, fresh blade at beginning of log. Note to self NO deep conversation while milling. We all had a good laugh at my expense showed them where I did it before 2 years ago about 1/2 inch higher.
                                                                      Tim 
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

Thank You Sponsors!