iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Loader Controls

Started by brendonv, March 06, 2013, 06:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brendonv

So I am starting to run more and more heavy equipment with loaders on them.

I personally have a Farma 51D mounted on an over the road trailer.  The last few days I have been running a Tree Farmer C5F? (Can't remember exactly, pics below).

Between these two log loading booms, the upper and lower boom configuration is on two different sticks. 

On my loader, the left stick is swing L and R, and upper boom up and down.  The right stick is lower boom up and down, and grapple rotation.

The Tree Farmer was left stick swing and lower boom, the right stick rotation and upper boom.  Not only that but the up and down movements where different!

Talk about a PITA.  I got used to the Tree Farmer, now I came home yesterday to run my loader for giggles, and could not do it. :D

Is there a "right and wrong" way, or is it what it is?  Talk about difficulty!

"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

Jamie_C

Quite common ... most loaders you find on trailers will be plumbed the same as backhoe's and other construction gear. Forwarders and harvesters will be plumbed "backwards"

snowstorm

with excavators there are 2 patterns either john deere  or cat. i much perfere cat controls. i just cant make the jd control pattern work for me. with backhoes there were 3 . jd 2 lever case 3 lever with foot swing ford 4 lever

kiko

Swap the pilot lines on one machine to make them the same.done.Mark the hoses so they can be swapped  back if Ness.

Offthebeatenpath

Some machines have a switch where the hoses come together at a box.  Often it looks like a key that can be turned.  One way for JD, other way for Cat.  I prefer the Cat, but its all about familiarity.
1985 JD 440D, ASV tracked skid steer w/ winch, Fecon grapple, & various attachments, Hitachi CG-30 tracked dump truck, CanyCom S25 crawler carrier, Volvo EC35C mini-ex, Kubota 018-4 mini-ex, Cormidi 100 self loading tracked dumper, various other little trail building machines and tools...

Thank You Sponsors!