iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I did it!

Started by ArnoldFarms, October 18, 2013, 07:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArnoldFarms

Hello everyone I'm new here (been reading the forum for 2 yrs). I took the plunge and bought a brand new Woodmizer lt40 hydronic.  I have no milling experience but I learn fast :).  I love all the advice you guys put out there. I know how you guys like pictures so I had my daughter snap a pic going down the road!  I'll be posting more as I get started on my projects.  Thanks again and God bless!
Ok I'll get a different picture it's not letting me load it from my iPad (I guess cuz it's .jpg)
Anyway, I'm very excited!  Hopefully I can make a few $ with it!
Faith, Family, Job

redbeard

Welcome! Sounds like you have a plan, look forward to seeing your projects.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum

.jpg pics are what is needed so you should be good.

Follow the primer in the "Behind the Forum" forum listed on "home" page.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Gasawyer

Welcome to the forum! And good luck on your adventure.
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

thecfarm

ArnoldFarms,welcome to the forum and the world of owning a mill. ArnoldFarms? The Farm part,have animals,crops,trees??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dgdrls

Now you've done it!! :D

Welcome aboard AF.

DGDrls

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Arnold? Arnold?
Where bouts you and your new hydronic mill be living?
I gots 1, 2. You'll love it!!!!

Glad you're a member after 2 years.  smiley_thumbsup

You'll have lots of fun on here.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

ArnoldFarms

Yes we have 8 goats, 32 chickens, 1 horse, a miniature mule and miniature donkey.  We hey 50 acres and the animals have the other 40 acres :).  We live Collinsville OK (10 miles north of Tulsa). My name is Jeremy and my wife's name is Leah. Good to meet everyone.

It's not a good photo but it will have to do for today!
Faith, Family, Job

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I see now with all your pets, you're gonna be building a lot of coops and barns.
Sounds like you made a good move getting a Woodmizer.
Good luck and send some pics.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Jeremy!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

GDinMaine

I see that mill is in the fast lane :laugh: must have been in a hurry to get it home. Don't forget the pictures when you get home.  Enjoy and welcome to the forum.
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Red Good

Welcome to the Forum . I am over in Locust Grove on 412 . Don't know much aout milling but that looks like a good day to get a new mill . Red
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum.  The new mill will be a life changing event!
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new mill. You will be surprised how many new friends you have now that you have a mill. Most of the new friends will want some free lumber but not want to help saw it.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

YellowHammer

Welcome and congratulations.  You will have a lot of fun.  Go ahead and get a small can of black spray paint so you can touch up where you will occasionally run the blade into the log clamp.  That way you don't have to keep explaining it to everyone... :D.
Have a great time

YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Sixacresand

Welcome and congratulations, Yellowhammer.  I just bought one too, but have not picked it up yet.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Cedarman

Quote from: YellowHammer on October 19, 2013, 08:32:44 AM
Welcome and congratulations.  You will have a lot of fun.  Go ahead and get a small can of black spray paint so you can touch up where you will occasionally run the blade into the log clamp.  That way you don't have to keep explaining it to everyone... :D.
Have a great time

YH
"small can".  You are being optimistic aren't you? :D :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

nk14zp

Welcome to the site.  Congrats on the new mill.
Belsaw 36/18 duplex mill.
Belsaw 802 edger.
http://belsawsawmills.freeforums.org/

downsouth

Welcome, and congrats.

okmulch

Welcome to the forum! You are not to far from me, had some friends living in collinsville a couple years ago but they moved back to Indiana. Good luck with the new mill it will be a lot of fun.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

scully

There are some real good folks here ! You came to the right place ! Oh and personally you got one of my favorite mills of all time ! You will love it ! Welcome to the wide world of wood !
I bleed orange  .

mad murdock

Quote from: scully on October 19, 2013, 10:18:12 AM
There are some real good folks here ! You came to the right place ! Oh and personally you got one of my favorite mills of all time ! You will love it ! Welcome to the wide world of wood !
Welcome Arnold Farms, and congratulations on getting your newest critter for the place!! The WWW- I like that Scully, has a ring to it-Wide World 'o Wood :)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

wormy

Welcome Arnold to the Forestry forum, and the big orange club. Can't wait to see some pics of sawdust flying off that baby

ArnoldFarms

Thank you everyone!  Pictures coming soon!
Faith, Family, Job

Delawhere Jack

Love the mill photo. So excited to get home and start milling that ya couldn't even stop to take a picture!  :D

Welcome to the FF. Lots of good folks here that will share their milling knowledge.

Collinsville eh? Sounds like a mighty fine place!  ;)

John "Jack" Collins.

Thank You Sponsors!