iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wagner Moisture Meter MMC-220

Started by ahlkey, December 17, 2009, 10:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahlkey

I have been investigating moisture meters for the past few months and wonder if anyone has good experience with the Wagner MMC-220?  I would like to go with a pinless but I do see the Delmhorst J-2000 has receieved good reviews even though it is different technology.  I just put up a Dry Kiln chamber (Nyle L200) and plan to use the meter during the drying process at times as well as within my woodworking shop.  At $320 dollars from a local dealer for the Wagner it seems high but everywhere else online its running at $375 plus shipping.  Is it worth the price?  Any feedback would be appreicated.

Den Socling

The J-2000 is good but the Wagners don't leave holes and you can measure faster and therefore more wood can be covered. I have both and compared the two. Sometimes they agree and sometimes they don't.

ahlkey

Another reason I was looking at the wagner pinless is I believe it would come in handy at existing sites (wood flooring and furniture) where leaving holes would be problematic.  Thanks for your response.

Thank You Sponsors!