iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tropical Storm Gordon

Started by Magicman, September 03, 2018, 08:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Looks like the predicted path has shifted East a bit and now the eye is zeroed in to pass directly over me.  :o

Hopefully I can finish my sawing job tomorrow and get the sawmill moved back home before the rain gets here.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Batten down the hatches Magicman and stay safe.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

bags

I kind of figured you were gonna be get'in wet down that way when I watched the weather news this morn'in--- best get your high water boots out MM.

WV Sawmiller

Stay safe. Equipment can be replaced - lives cannot. Those great tailgunners are going to need you to train them.

I guess times like this remind me why mountain life can be good. Check back with me in the winter and I might have a different view.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

LaneC

Don't know where you are M.M. but I am in that zone too, so if you need any refuge just come on in.
Man makes plans and God smiles

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

florida

Gordon wasn't much here in South Florida. The eye passed just west of us so we got the "bad" side of the storm all day. That amounted to just under 3/4" rain and 1 big gust of wind.  I always like a good tropical storm this time of year to top off our rain but this wasn't it.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Magicman

It will probably increase as it crosses the warm Gulf.  50 mph now and we are predicted 3"-6" of rain as it passes over us.

Lane, I am 140 miles NW of you so we should get less wind speed but same storm path.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

It's supposed to wind it's way up close to my place. We need the rain. Just don't need it too much all at once.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

We were fortunate that the path of TS Gordon drifted 60 miles East putting us on the "dry" side.  We got no rain and very little wind.  For us it was a "non event". 

thecfarm

Hope all of you are well. Been kinda of a busy week. I walked by the tv once and saw a bunch of water. :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

CCCLLC

You are living right MM. Prayers out to all effected.

wesdor

Glad to hear it missed you.  Prediction is that it might hit us here in Illinois Saturday, but hopefully will have lost much of its power. 
We have had major rains this past week - more than 10" so more this weekend would not be good. 

Skip

4 to 6 here today  rainin like a cow peein on a flat rock  :( :o

Roxie

Yes, we are getting "remnants" of rain, rain, rain.  He spun up the coast and we have a nor'easter.  Before all this started, we were already 15" over the normal year to date rainfall.  

If Florence follows him, our ground is so saturated now, this could get bad.  It looks like our Carolina friends will take the worst of it.   whiteflag_smiley
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!