iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Years gig

Started by Percy, January 01, 2004, 01:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

This has absolutly nuthin to do with sawing.but I just gotta tell someone....(Brag)..heh

I play guitar in a weekend warrior type band here in Terrace called The Accelerators. We have been together for the last 6 years with no member changes and have been very busy during the last 4 years. I cleared 8500.00 Canadian last year(2002) and 8100.00 this year(2003).

Anyhow, the economy is fairly depressed here and we were expecting a poor turnout for the Newyears gig we were playing at as the tickets were more expensive than at any other local party. A long story shorted is the dance was HUGE. When I walked in, there wasnt an empty seat in the place and they were soooooo easy to keep on the dancefloor,couldnt do nuthin wrong. The bar made huge bucks even after our 2500.00 fee and at 3 AM, the dancefloor was still packed. Im so tired right now, Im gigglin like a fool but feelin good ya...... 8) 8)
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

shopteacher

Glad you had a good time Percy. Keep strumming those notes. 8)
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Frank_Pender

That is great Percy.  You see, people will pay for quality workmanship, be it sawing lumber or playing a saw. 8)
Frank Pender

Patty

Way to go Percy!
I love a good band....nothin' like live music to make the feet want to dance...I guesss that's called happy feet    8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

EZ

Nice going Percy.
I played the drums in school some 80 years ago and let them alone when I got out of school. Back when I was still drinking, my wife and I went to a bar for New Years. The drummer was drunk when he got there and pass out soon after that. They try to call someone else but no luck. Then they ask if anyone in the bar could play the drums and my wife said that I could. ??? :o I told them that I have'nt played in 20 years and they said give it a try. Well I played all nite and they gave me $400. :o ;D I guess I did alright.
EZ

shopteacher

Percy what kind of tunes do you play?  Ever plan on playing Pittsburgh?  I'd buy a ticket just to hear what kind of sounds a sawyer can make away from his mill. Old Butch says he'd come to as long if it's not to late. Got to get his beauty sleep ya know.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Wes

sounds like a good time,

We should have driven up there. With no plans,my wife and I got rid of the kids for the nite and went out.We went to a couple of local bars and they were all preity mutch dead so we had a fiew,met a couple of new people and were home in bed by 11:45.

That never happens when we go out and I have to work the next day!!

Wes

Percy

Hey thanks for the positive comments folks. We play a wide variety of tunes(no originals) from Dwight Yokam Brooks & Dunn to AC DC. Lots of classic rock and country. One of the tunes the older folks really like that we play is Don Williams "I Believe In You". We  recorded a cd of all these covers but copyright thingies prevent us from selling them.

:) :) :)
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Thank You Sponsors!