iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I feel like Brittany Spears!

Started by customsawyer, November 05, 2009, 04:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Opps! I did it again. I have just bought me another mill. I am now the proud owner of 2 LT70 mills one remote and one non remote that is hooked up to the ext., log deck, and aux. hyd. which makes it rather stationary. I needed another one to do the portable jobs. I am real glad that I never sold my spare edger now. 8) ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

fishpharmer

Glad to hear its another mill.  Thought you mighta found some illicit mind altering substances. :D :D  Or does sawdust fit that category? ;)

Congrats on the mill.   8) 8)

Does the newest addition have the same setup as your stationary?  Engine?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Have you shaved your head yet ???

Congrats on that second mill.... 8)  If there were 2 of me, maybe I'd consider it.... :D

Let's see.....Maybe it would go something like this:

I've gone to look for myself
If I return before I get back
Tell me to wait right here
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Wow, I did not know that Brittany ran sawmills.  I guess that is where she get the material for her songs!

Way to go CS.  Two LT70's!  That is some serious business  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Coon

the sawmill must be where she got her haircut too.   :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

mcfcfan

Quote from: customsawyer on November 05, 2009, 04:41:07 AM
I needed another one to do the portable jobs. I am real glad that I never sold my spare edger now. 8) ;D
]

Hi Customsawyer, congrats on your second mill, if you need a third mill for portability try the Peterson website.
They would work great in unison.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

ely

i was clicking on this to find out how you knew how brittany spears felt. ;D

Bibbyman

Didn't you at one time have an LT40 and LT70?

We had at one time a manual LT40 and a LT40 Super Hd.  Worked out right handy at times.  We used the Super on big, heavy logs and the manual for smaller stuff.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Chico

My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

ljmathias

Congratulations on having two really useful tools- I tend to have several so I can find one when I need it, but sawmills?  Haven't lost the one yet, so I guess I'll wait till I misplace it before I think about getting another one...

Oh, and I still can't get the connection- Spears cuts wood?  Uses wood?  Is wood?  Like a duck or a witch?  obscure reference to one of the all-time great movies, "In search of the holy grail..."  After dozens of years since I saw it last, I still find myself quoting lines from it... but Spears?  not so much.

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

pineywoods

Quote from: ljmathias on November 05, 2009, 07:26:41 PM
Congratulations on having two really useful tools- I tend to have several so I can find one when I need it, but sawmills?  Haven't lost the one yet, so I guess I'll wait till I misplace it before I think about getting another one...

Lj

Just wait till you go portable and leave the mill on the job over a weekend  ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Fred

Baker 18M
Woodmaster 718 Planer/ molder

Magicman

Brittany and her sister Jamie Lynn grew up just South of Brookhaven.  They both went to school at Parklane Academy.  Both of them and their mother still come to Brookhaven to get their hair fixed.  Good family and good folks.  Too much fame and money can surely mess folks up.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DanG

Well I, for one, have always wondered what Brittany Spears felt like, but decided not to go there.  I can only imagine that I would end up just breaking her heart, and I ain't gonna do that.

Congrats Jake!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Carpenter

I don't want to sound like an idiot, but how do you indend to run 2 mills at one time?  I am not a sawyer yet, just a saw mill owner, and my one saw mill needs a lot of work (I haven't cut a single board on it yet) so I have no experience yet.  (But I do have plans). Please don't take this as an insult, I was just curious as to how you intend to be more efficient enough with two saw mills to justify the purchace price?

pasbuild

Someone asked a good friend of mine why he bought a certain item and his reply was because I can ;)   wish I had three mills ( or just one good one)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Carpenter

Well, Pasbuild, that is an answer.  But not really an answere to the question.

Carpenter

Oh well, My question was probably like somebody from the 1950's asking why anybody would ever need two tv's.  Congratulations on the new mill Customsawyer.  I have enjoyed your posts over the last month I have been a member.

DanG

Customsawyers other mill is anchored down in one place and is no longer portable.  He has opportunities in the portable business, so he bought another one with wheels.  You can bet that he knows how to make it pay for itself, just as the other one has.

Your question is not a silly one, Carpenter.  It is hard for some of us to picture how somebody like CS can do what he does, but he gets more done in a day than most folks do in a week.  He works hard, plans well, and has a really good business head.  He knows the business and has the contacts, and he does excellent work.  Those are the things it takes to get to where he is.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

bandmiller2

Sometimes you run into a deal you can't pass up,it never hurts to have a spare anything.I have several tractors but can only run one at a time.A stationary and a  portable mill is the best of boath worlds.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

DanG

Without dipping into Jake's business too bad, I can tell you that the recession had something to do with this latest purchase.  Because of it, his stationary business slacked up and left him enough time to address the portable business that the recession opened up.  He was in position to do this because of his hard work and good business practices before the recession hit.  Did anybody besides me notice the time of day when he started this thread?

fishpharmer

I did notice Jakes time of post.  I thought he was a farmer ;) :D

As Paul wrote in Galations
"you reap what you sow." 

Keep up the good work CS 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DanG

What?  Ya mean you didn't go to bed till after 3:30 am and now you're dragging back our at 1pm? ;D :D :D  That sounds like something I would do. ::)

stonebroke

Dang, Maybe they just suffer from insomnia.

Stonebroke

SwampDonkey

Dang, no. It's more like this. Put your time in and you can take time for yourself a bit early by weeks end. I figured $1100 bucks was good enough for this week. About twice as much as some that like to drag their but on the ground.  This is one job you will learn who measures up real quick. Physically. ;D

Oh, breakfast is as 4:30 am if ya care to join in. :D

WH_Conley

Customsawyer, if yer gonna wear that black bikini outfit, are you gonna wax first? :o
Bill

customsawyer

Well the wife and I have made it back home but it is a little dark to run the mill just yet, all I can say is that it pulls fine. I did cut one log on it where I picked it up at the Miss. WM office and I looked worse than a rookie some of the controls were wired backwards from my mill so not only did it look like I didn't know what I was doing I was going the wrong way most of the time. :D I must also add that them are some fine folks down there.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Papa1stuff

Mr Timmy and Wife are fine folks ,I picked up my mill there also 8)
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

DanG

Quote from: customsawyer on November 06, 2009, 08:19:47 PM
Well the wife and I have made it back home but it is a little dark to run the mill just yet, all I can say is that it pulls fine. I did cut one log on it where I picked it up at the Miss. WM office and I looked worse than a rookie some of the controls were wired backwards from my mill so not only did it look like I didn't know what I was doing I was going the wrong way most of the time. :D I must also add that them are some fine folks down there.

Thats funny!  I didn't even notice that you had gotten the towing package on that Harley.

customsawyer

All right you guys there is too many questions to answer with just one small mind.
1. The engine on this mill is the 62 HP Cat.
2. Yes I did have a LT 40 and a LT 70 at one time but Warren talked me out of the LT 40
3. As to how can I run both mill at one time I can't but I should be able to keep one of them busy all the time instead of one busy part time.
4. When it comes to insomnia I don't have that trouble and for those that do I would sugest that you eat more sawdust it sure cured mine.  :D  I do have trouble staying awake from time to time but not sleeping.
5. The Harley does have a towing package but it is always loaded just with my ego. :D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Meadows Miller

Gday

Congrats on the second lt70 sounds like its got all the goodys Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8)
with the wireing n the lines Ive been caught the same way swapping from one machine to another in the same brand Like they say Sawyers do things their Own Way Mate  ;)  :D  ;D  i dont reckon it'll take you long to swap afew wires and hose fittings over to suit your sawing style like i do  Mate ;)  ;D 8) 8) 8)

Carpenter Its all about being productive on a particular product or providing a service  ;) Eg i have 4 sawmills and each work well for a particular product if i include the csm which only gets used for slabbing these days I would have had a 5th The bandmill i had from when i was 15yo but it got stolen from a jobsite about 7 years ago  :o :( >:( First time it had been locked in a yard in its life ::)  ::) the table top is setup for remilling recycled sleepers and warf and bridge decking and the like or sawing  squares which is what it was built for . the Lucas  is my allrounder atm and dose just about everything im sawing you atm just have to keep them in 16" plus logs to do your $500 to $800 t/o per day sawing inch in pallet grade or garden sleepers which aint bad for one bloke on his own including docking it all to length on a mill thats under$16k new  ;) ;D :o
The Meadows will be My first static production mill but it will take year or two to get the way i want it but ill eg with a good infeed/outfeed chipper & dockers ect ect But im only aiming at getting one thing at a time done properly like the first thing will be the carriage with dead infeed and dead roll outfeed for a start and building production from there as i go  ;) ;D

It does'nt take long to pay for a mill if you work Hard and plan on paying for things as you go most sawmilling and support equipment can be paid of within 12 months ;) ;D and never have mutipule dept on mills or equipment unless it all works as a unit  ;) Ive worked for people with huge dept loads and its not much fun trying to produce enough t/o to cover payments when 50 to 70% of the gear they have just sits in the yard doing nothing 90% of the time  its not worth the stress ;)

Ill take a punt and say that i reckon that Cs New Mill would most likely be paid for or had a sizeable deposit placed on it  ;) ;D 8)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Jeff

Jake, can WM help you rewire it to run the same as the other mill?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

slider

next pick up a nice used boom truck,stick you a grapple on it and you are ready to go portable,that,s what i did .what a difference it made.I can go pickup wood or feed the mill with it.glad you are doing well jake good luck    slider
al glenn

DanG

I'm 'fraid he already has that part handled too, Slider.  I'm tellin' ya, the boy is gettin' downright irritatin' to hang around with! ::)

aksawyer

Good for you,many congrates.Many times I have wanted to add something to the mill that would increase production,but at the same time no longer be portable.Have built my own second mill.I took an old cab-over garbage truck and stripped it of all the equipment put an old prentice110 and some homebuilt log bunks ,that helped for a while but still like to go portable when needed.I understand completly.Aksawyer,14 below today in Fairbanks....

customsawyer

Jeff the wires weren't no trouble it took all of 8 min. to complete the change over. I do have the dump truck with a boom on it I wish it had a grapple on the end of it but for what I use it for it works great. When I do a portable job I load the tractor and edger on the goose neck trailer then hook the sawmill behind that and take all I need in one trip.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!