iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A few poles to saw.

Started by justallan1, May 13, 2013, 11:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justallan1

Here's two of the piles of old and burned poles that I'm using for fence posts and some boards.
All of the larger ones are cedar which I'll be sawing and the smaller ones I'll be cutting to length to use as is.
One of the nice parts of this deal is the crew that is replacing them is bringing them to me.
There are a bunch of these that due to cracks or burned spots the best I can hope for is one 6x6 post, 4 cuts and I'm done.
Another nice thing is that for 8' logs I don't need the winch, which saves bunches of time.
Allan

reride82

Alan,
That looks good. And I see it is greening up there as well! Happy sawing!

Levi
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

barbender

That green is deceiving, what will it look like around there in a month ;D? It looks like that mill is taking care of all that spare time you have ;)
Too many irons in the fire

ND rancher

Allan, your grass is way ahead of us.If we don't get rain soon not sure if well make summer. Good score on those poles,hope there are some kids around the ranch to pull staples to save you some time. Keith
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

justallan1

Thanks guys.
Right now I'm only getting in an hour or so here and there with this project. I did manage to get a dozen posts and a couple hundred feet of boards sawn on sunday.
ND Rancher, I hope you get your rain. Now that I'm done farming, I'm hoping for the same. We'll sure need it due to being short on pastures from the fires.
Barbender, very true, but with some rain this place looks like a postcard picture until the middle of july.
Levi, I need to come out your direction some day. I've always heard about the rest of Montana, but have never seen it.
Allan

two-legged-sawmill

Hi Allan, The country side is just beautiful compared to a hurry up trip to Great Falls back in 1954 in the last week of March. Still beautiful any time of the year. What a great steak for Beakfast at Jordon, I remember the trip like yesterday!
     It is amazing all the saw dust your making. Truckers say keep on "Trucking", Sawyer's saying "keep on making Saw Dust"
"There are no secrets to success. It is the results of preperation, hard work, and learning from failures"

justallan1

Thank you, Two-legged-sawmill. I've been in Montana for 9-10 years and still haven't seen but just a little bit of it due to my jobs, but have plans to.
Allan

Thank You Sponsors!