iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Guess who came to dinner?

Started by Bibbyman, July 08, 2002, 08:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Yesterday morning Mary took the tractor and brush-hog down to the lower field to do our annual clean up of what I call our sycamore warehouse.  (This is as two-acre patch of timber in the creek bottom that I keep mowed and cleared of under brush. When I have a need for sycamore,  I go down and cut a couple.)  I followed in the PU with water, chainsaw and DR. Trimmer.

Mary mowed about 2/3s of the area and then let me take over while she got a drink.  I was almost done when I saw the PU driven by Mary bounding across the field.  I couldn't figure it out but then I saw someone on the road on the other end of the field wearing a red T-shirt.  Soon she was back with him.  She says:  "Look who I found."  It was Tom Cadenhead!  :o He stopped to visit with us on his way back to Florida.

We stopped and went to the house where it was cooler and we could set in comfort.  But our visit was interrupted a couple of times by a customer delivering cedar logs to be sawn.  

Tom left about sundown headed towards Alabama to visit a cousin.  He had a few more days until the rented car needed to be back but he said he was enjoying himself and may have to extend his rental a couple more weeks.

Glad you could stop in ol' friend and hope you have a safe trip home.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Kevin

That`s a long way to paddle.   :)

ARKANSAWYER

I always said that a locked gate at the end of the drive way was a good Ideal. ;D  It is not such a long way to paddle as it is all down hill from here.  With all the rain we have been getting it is the best way to travel.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!