Sponsors:

What's for dinner?

Started by 4x4American, June 25, 2017, 07:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

Quote from: drobertson on December 06, 2017, 07:58:07 AM
Quote from: Grizzly on December 05, 2017, 10:54:38 PM
Quote from: drobertson on December 05, 2017, 07:38:44 PM
Another round of single eats, and this one is for the books,,It's an egg, broccoli, bacon with a mix of cheddar and mozzarella pie, 

I want to know more about this. How much of what? That looks good and more my style.
Grizzly, I as usual did not really follow any certain recipe, but its simple enough to remember the main parts,
5 eggs
pre-prepared frozen pie crust
handful of broccoli
bout a half up of grated cheese
small piece of onion chopped
a splash of heavy cream
bout a third cup of milk
salt and pepper to taste
bake at 375 for 35 min
pretty easy and as Ian said, they are great left over cold, if any is left over,
Mercy while having a piece for breakfast I just realized I forgot, don't forget the bacon!!!
looks good I could eat that in the morning but not for dinner I just cant seem to eat eggs after 9am I get nauseous just thinking about them but love them in the AM

Grizzly

Quote from: drobertson on December 06, 2017, 07:58:07 AM
Quote from: Grizzly on December 05, 2017, 10:54:38 PM
Quote from: drobertson on December 05, 2017, 07:38:44 PM
Another round of single eats, and this one is for the books,,It's an egg, broccoli, bacon with a mix of cheddar and mozzarella pie, 

I want to know more about this. How much of what? That looks good and more my style.
Mercy while having a piece for breakfast I just realized I forgot, don't forget the bacon!!!

That is one ingredient you NEVER leave out!! Most anything can be made better with onions, bacon, and mushrooms. Thanks. Printed and saved and ready for my next baking session.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Jeff

Oh, let me tell ya! It tasted as good as it looks! I'm getting Dang good at making home made gravy too!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Chuck White

Looks good Jeff, only I can't have Broccoli, blood thinner at work!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

It's not broccoli. Brussel sprouts.

coxy

i like Brussel sprouts but the last time i had them there was little white worms in them so it will be awhile before i put my big boy pants back on to eat them 

Jeff

You should probably get a different batch coxy.

Chuck White

I knew they were Brussel Sprouts, and not broccoli!  brain phart  ::)

No dark green leafy vegetables for those on thinners!

But that dinner does look good! digin_2
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

ya think  :D  i like them cooked on the bbq grill then put a little garlic on them or mix them with fiddle head ferns with butter and garlic  yummy  

Jeff

It tastes even better than it looks! Why? Because I put hot sauce on mine.  I know Ray, to much green!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Nope, BEEF!  Found it in the back of the freezer. Had a red tag on it that said managers special. So it had been discounted when it was bought in 2015 :D  It actually was really really tender and good.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'd load it up with Soy Sauce and call it Chinese. Looks really good!

4x4American

mmm that looks good...I'm having the other half of my gas station sandwich I had for lunch today for dinner.  Gonna put hot sauce on it too lol
Boy, back in my day..

Jeff

I should of took another picture. Those two grains of rice on top are irritating the heck out of me!

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on March 12, 2018, 09:36:53 PM
I should of took another picture. Those two grains of rice on top are irritating the heck out of me!
They're in the Wood Shed.  ;D

Jeff

thecfarm

Oh my!! I can pick the green stuff off and that furry guy off to the side of the plate. ;D 
When we go to friends house to eat,they are worried about what to cook for me. As I say,just cook something with meat and I will find something to eat. I have never gone away hungry yet.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Since I was sawing in Vicksburg yesterday there was nothing to do but go by the Hot Tamale place on my way home.  ;D  Yep, when I got home Pat had the Grits cooked so we enjoyed Tamales-n-Grits. 

This is an older picture but the dish is the same.  thumbs-up
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

Wellll, the tamale looks good. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SawyerTed

Catfish filets I caught
Roasted potatoes from our garden
Slaw made from cabbage from our garden
Cornbread made from store bought cornmeal

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

WV Sawmiller

Baked ham, German (hot - at least first time it is served) potato salad, greenbean casserole.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

Ham and all that other stuff that I don't eat. The ham was good. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

caveman

Easter lunch consisted of mixed fruit (water melon, strawberries, grapes, cantaloupe, honeydew melon), yellow crookneck squash, collard greens, salad for those who like salad, mashed potatoes, ham, homemade cheesecake with blueberries on top, baked carrots, rolls and probably some other stuff. 

The best part was that both of my parents were able to host my wife, our three daughters, a niece, son in law, daughter's boyfriend and myself.  Like many families, some of our favorite times are spent laughing, telling tales and reminiscing around the supper table.

All of that good food robbed me of what little ambition I had today and an obligatory nap followed the mid-day meal.
Caveman

Thank You Sponsors!