iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Custom firewood processing

Started by customdave, December 05, 2010, 08:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

customdave

Does anybody do custom processing with your wood processor & what is the going rate or charge for this service. I'm thinking about buying a processor & already have 4 jobs lined up if I do get one, but no idea what to charge ? Would appreciate any input , thoughts, ideas,etc: Thanks

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Buck

I would think that it would be worth at least a half to two thirds of what firewood costs in your area. Just a starting point.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Corley5

55-60 bucks a pulp cord if it's decent wood.  If I look at it and it's a bunch of oversized, undersized or overly crooked crap I walk away.  My machine makes me money at home and doesn't need to go on the road.  I don't do much custom processing.  Most processors in my area don't.  People soon realize they might just as well buy their wood already processed as buy pulp and pay to have it processed  :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

woodmills1

are you talking about taking your macine to some ones place?

if you are, think hourly, most jobs out are usually junk.  And if it goes smooth you can alway give a rebate or charge less
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

sawdust

Dave, David from Rimbey here.  Bruce has a Chomper 14 inch he charges 100 per hour.
Firewood market seems flooded here. No body here is moving any.

Call me if you are headed down this way.

David Coambs
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

AvT

I cut my first hundred tons of firewood since october and what I noticed is production goes way way way down in small or dirty wood.  I think it takes some time to know what to charge by looking at the log deck. With a 6" log you are processing about 1/5th of the wood as you would be with a 12" log in about the same cycle time.  My chain needs sharpening every hour or so if the wood is dirty at all
Wannabe sawyer, Cord King M1820 firewood processor Palax KS35 Ergo firewood Processor, 5403 John Deere, Bunch of other farm equipment,   LT70 Remote Woodmizer.  All good things but the best things in life are free.. If you don't believe me.. hold your breath for 2 minutes

Thank You Sponsors!