iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cabin picks

Started by slider, November 23, 2013, 04:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

A while back i posted some picks of us sawing a couple of 32 ft beam on my lt-70 without an extension.The project is finished and we just got back from a visit .We sawed most of the wood in this cabin except the doors and floor.The counters and cabinets were made on site and came out great.Hope you enjoy the results.

al glenn

POSTON WIDEHEAD

BITE ME SLIDER!  :D :D :D :D

I couldn't pull off something that purdy if I tried. I honestly have never seen a house built with so much charm.
Neat....very neat. Proud of ya buddy.  smiley_thumbsup

*****will stone go on the foundation? ******
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

That is stunning !!!   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

All I can think of is BEAUTIFUL.

Fantastic job!  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Nomad

All involved got a right to be pretty Dang proud of that job!!! smiley_thumbsup
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

rooster 58

Wow! Nice cabin slider!! I had a house with a brick chimney just like that. Same color brick and stacked bond on the sides. Beautiful job. I'm hoping to build another house one day and I want it to be entirely wood, 'cept maybe the bathrooms. Thanks for the pics

Dad2FourWI

That is totally AWESOME!!!!!!

Here I am still sitting on sub-floor!!!  :)

I think I will keep those pics near for some nice ideas!  :D

Great job!
-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

isawlogs

You called this a cabin.....  I would be happy to call it home !    :)  Nice job to all involved.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: isawlogs on November 23, 2013, 06:44:21 PM
You called this a cabin.....  I would be happy to call it home !   

You're exactly right Marcel!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

Nice, but where did the idea come from with the firewood box, you must fill it from the outside. And is it made of steel ?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

drobertson

I reckon, if that's as good as you can do,  ;D    purty dang nice, bout perfect is it not?
david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

JSwigga

wow! I love it!  Hopefully one day I can build something half as nice.
60" Lucas Dedicated Slabber, TimberKing 2200 , 5 ton Nissan forklift, John Deere FEL

samandothers

I remember the thread on the beams.  Wow Great progress very quickly!   You and yours did a great job.  Would love to see some more of the pictures of the cabinets, counters, fire box, etc.  It is an inspiration!

slider

Let me be clear,I just sawed most of the wood for this cabin.We then sent it out to be dried and planed.I did not build this home.But what a great job they did.My friend built the counters and cabinets and pictures do not do justice ,they are killer.My reason for posting this was to inspire some of you and show what can be accomplished with a good plan and fowling through with it. hope you enjoyed the picks.  al
al glenn

slider

The fire box is steel and bolted to the wall.neat idea .From the living room you can not tell.
al glenn

goose63

That's great wish I could do that good of a job 8) ::) :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thecfarm

That looks real nice. I was in a "cabin" and they had a elevator for the wood. The wood was in the basement and they filled up the elevator and up it went. It was behind what looked like a closet door.Like the fireplace too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

rmack

that's a nice looking house.  :)

just curious, how long does it take to saw the lumber for something like that?
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

Buck

WOW what an awesome job!
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

customsawyer

Mighty fine job on that one. I will raise a glass to ya.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

Rmack ,it's hard to answer your question honestly.It all depends on how much help you can round up.We did most of it in about 3 weekends .It took us 4 hrs to do the first beam (32 ft 8x10 no extension) then I called jake for advice and we knocked the 2nd one out in 2 hrs 10 minutes.The best part of this job was the beams for me.My friend that we did this job for was hands on for sawing the beams .Now he can point up there and say ,I was in on that ,You should have been there.
al glenn

mart

I was young and dumb once. I got over being young a long time ago.

LT15 w/19 hp - 24' bed
Branson 3725
Stihl MS362
Husqvarna 450

papow22

:o totally very nice and if I may ask how big was your crew of help?.Very nice both inside & outside.
Lives to do sawdust,run a trapline,hunt big game,live life to it's most.Got 4 mills a circle mill,(2 band sawmills) Norwood's 2000, Trim Saw,Beam Machine (chainsaw mill).

Tim Lea

Awsome I hope to build me a cabin soon.

Thank You Sponsors!