iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hurricane Michael

Started by Roxie, October 10, 2018, 06:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxie

We've got a lot of folks in harms way, and I want to hear where you are, how you are, and what's your plan? 

Say when

hturner12

Thomaston Ga currently  under Tropicial Storm warning. Checking  the National Hurricane Center  website frequently.  Shoulde get the wind around 2pm 
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

WDH

We are square in the path.  Projected winds here are for 60 mph.  Expect lots of tree damage and no power. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

hturner12

Quote from: WDH on October 10, 2018, 08:15:24 AM
We are square in the path.  Projected winds here are for 60 mph.

Expect lots of tree damage and no power.  

I am right at the edge. Hopefully it turn an miss both of us. Jake may get it also

Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

WV Sawmiller

My 88 y/o mom and my younger brother & his family live about 40 miles north of Pensacola. Last I heard it looked like eye was crossing near Panama City about 80 miles south of them. They will still get lots of wind but maybe not the worst. They rode out Ivan and Dean so pretty much think they are invincible I guess. We will keep following how they fare with this one.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Raider Bill

Our beaches and low lying areas are getting surge. Been raining off and on but that will get worse as will the wind as the storm passes. It will be a normal tropical storm for us.
Dang is in for it though.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Southside

Hope all you folks fare just fine in this. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Sixacresand

Last month, Poston WideHead stated that his hurricane was coming straight to sawmill building.   I feel the same way about Michael, which is "advertised" as being a cat 1 when it gets to Middle Georgia.  We already cancelled Church for tonight.  I'm sure the shelves of the piggly wiggly are low.  (Not like a 1/2" snow)  Going out this AM to get gas for the Generator and put enough gas in the truck to get to a Hotel 6 or a ER.  Praying for everybody in its path, especially DanG in Chattahoochee, FL  I know there are many Forum Members in its path.  Be smart, be safe.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

petefrom bearswamp

Hope all in the storms path are going to be OK
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Barney67

I'm about 35 miles north of Ft. Walton, rain and light wind so far, expecting 60 mph sustained winds later. Looks like Panama City, Port St. Joe and Apalachicola will take the brunt of this one.
EZ Boardwalk 40 Mahindra 5570

Chuck White

Cooks Saw is in the storms path too!

Thoughts and prayers out for all in harms way!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mike_belben

My mother just moved from bay shore alabama to the panama city area about 2 months ago.  Lost half her roof and sun room today but was safe last i heard. 

So i guess it was a pretty serious storm. 
Praise The Lord

POSTON WIDEHEAD

When it gets to my mill the eye will go right across us into Charlotte NC.
Our winds are only predicted to be in the 45mph range.
Tomorrow is the first day of gun season and schools are out due to the wind.
Paul said perfect timing.
I expect trees down and minor power outages. But this storm has been unpredictable from the get go.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

hturner12

Right now it about 80 miles ssw of Macon Ga winds are down to 85. We are getting eain a winds are picking up i hate night time storms
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

IMERC

here's pulling for all of you down there...
be safe...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

hturner12

All I got was a bunch of rain and some wind so far no damage. Hopefully everyone else in Fl and Ga faured well. 
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Lawg Dawg

Outer rain bands are getting to us now.  Good thing this one is a fast mover, unlike Florence. They say tomorrow will be fall time temps and beautiful!  8)
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

hturner12

Same for us tommorow  project low 51
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Magicman

250 power company crews staged in Jackson last night and will deploy into the affected areas after the storm passes today.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

Some tree tops lying the yard, Metal roofing covering  lumber blown off.  But the power is still on, PTL.  We have been blessed, According to the local news, there are thousands without power and will have to deal with damage.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Barney67

Just rain and some limbs down for me. I crossed I 10 at Crestview this morning about 6:30 headed to work, steady line of power trucks rolling east as far as I could see.
EZ Boardwalk 40 Mahindra 5570

DR_Buck

DanG posted on Facebook that his power was beginning to flicker.  Haven't seen any post or updates from him since then.    

It looks like we are in the path for what's left.     We have high wind and flash flood warning for this afternoon.    Over cast and eerily calm right now and it is tracking directly toward us.

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

fishpharmer

DanG just texted me that he is ok but has a mess.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Nomad

I just got a text from DanG.  His power is out and he's got a mess to clean up, but everybody is safe.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Nomad

Just heard from WDH too.  His power and internet are out.  People and buildings are okay.  He does, however, have extensive timber damage.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Thank You Sponsors!