iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shameless bragging

Started by Faron, June 17, 2010, 10:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faron

Uncouth,  I know, but I am going to do it anyway. ;)  100% of the children tested in the 3rd through 5th grade passed the math portion of the ISTEP test at Otwell Elementary School, Otwell Indiana.  They were the only school in the state to do so.  Two of those 88 children are my grand children, by the way.  Way to go, Otwell staff and kids!

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2010/jun/17/indiana-students-boost-istep-state-pleased-with/
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

metalspinner

Wow! smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

pigman

Congratulations Otwell Elementary School. 8)  And some people say rural children are not as smart as big city children. I went to school with the school superintendent's wife although I don't think that had anything to do with the success of the students. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Warbird

That's awesome, Faron.  Thanks for sharing this news!

Faron

I ought to mention that Ireland Elementary School was tops in the language part of the test, at 98% passing.  8) Ireland is the next school system east of Otwell. 
Pigman, I am convinced the Pigman Connection probably turned the tide for the kids. :D 8)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Norm

I'm glad you did brag Faron!

Congratulations to everyone involved. :)

Roxie

So much of the news is dark, I love to get reports like this one!   8)

Kudo's to those children and their teachers!! 
Say when

Patty

I'd say those kids takes after their Grampa , eh?   8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

fishpharmer

Thanks for sharing Faron.  That's great news.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Bro. Noble

My youngest son teaches math education and does research at ISU in Bloomington Il.  I'm going to tell him about this although he may well already know.  Whatever those teachers are doing needs to be shared with other math teachers.  It's really encouraging when a teacher cares enough to teach their subject and has the ability to transfer knowledge and enthuiasm for that subject to the students.  There are so many teachers that don't know how or are just there for their paycheck.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Faron

You do have to wonder how much time is spent teaching the test, and what might be missing from the kids' education because of it.  I do see school results where 15% to 25% of the kids pass.  I wouldn't know how to go about fixing that.

Patty, the only credit I guess I can claim is a love of reading Chris and I both passed on to our daughters, and they on to their kids. 

Magicman

I can point to a school close to me that would be 100% also.  Except the other way.   smiley_thumbsdown

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.  There's nothing wrong with pride when you can back it up.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!