iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Busted Cutters

Started by Bro. Noble, April 15, 2005, 05:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro. Noble

Recently put a new chain on my 066.  It's a Stihl chisel chain like I always use.  Since my eyesight isn't what it used to be,  my son has been grinding our chains for the last few years.  After first using this chain,  he said there was a busted tooth on it.  I didn't think too much of it cause I have jerked a tooth off on occasion before.  We cut logs today and afterwart he was grinding the dhains and hollered, " look at this".  There were four adjacent teeth broken,  two on each side.  The top of the cutters were half gone lengthwise.  I don't remember having this happen before.  We aren't doing anything different as far as I know.  Is it defective chain or what?
milking and logging and sawing and milking

rebocardo

Sounds like what happens when I hit a lag in a yard tree, usually some sparks though and you feel the zip. It sure sounds like you hit something hard in the tree, just grazed it, and did not notice .

leweee

Noble...or Casper smiley_bouncing ??? you gotta quit sawen that IRONWOOD :D :D :D   Sounds like hardware....don't worry though ....you will find it when you mill them logs :o ;D :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Thank You Sponsors!