iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The 2006 PIG ROAST Thread. (renamed)

Started by Jeff, June 22, 2006, 10:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Here is a picture of the door prize trailer. We had well over 100 door prizes thanks to the generosity of several sponsors and members.

WV_Hillbilly, jtmccallum Jr., sumguy, Dogman Pete and hiding behind him jtmccallum. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

An impromptu game of Simon says with the younger forestry forum folk during the drawing of the door prizes. :)

Jeff

At the beginning of the drawings we set two of the door prizes behind us so they would not get knocked over. They were puzzles made by our very own WV_Hillbilly. (Pay no attention to the man with the diet coke)

Anyhow, we sort of forgot they were back there until about a third of the way through and someone reminded us, so we drew a number and gave one away. Then we forgot the other one until almost the end of the drawing and Sandy Bobo (wife of member Harold) Hollered up at us "Don't forget the puzzle behind you! I want to win that!" (paraphrased).  Well, that was a good hint we better draw another number and give it away. YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING!  We drew Sandy's number. Boy oh Boy was she excited! :D  I had to kid her and double and triple check the number, but sure enough, she won! THe opnly other coincidence I know about like that where somebody really really wanted to win something and did was when Furby got the ducky umbrella. ;)

Here is ans excited Sandy with her handcrafted puzzle.

We caught Sandy playing along with the kids in simon says as well. I'm going to have to call her and ask her if she had a good time. :D

Furby

Quote from: Jeff B on August 12, 2006, 11:46:58 PM
THe opnly other coincidence I know about like that where somebody really really wanted to win something and did was.....

Um, what about the woodmizer model?

Jeff

You tell it, I remembmer now but forget how it went...

Furby

Can't remember the details, but I belive one of the Baker crew won it and passed it to someone that wanted it.
That person won another a few minutes later only to pass the second one on to someone else.
Or something like that. smiley_headscratch

getoverit

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

woodbowl

West Va Hillbilly, didn't you get that lt40 model?

After that, I won a Woodmizer model.  8)  I'm keeping mine though.  ;)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

WV_hillbilly

First off I want to Thank Tammy and Jeff for hosting such a fine event . It was great seeing all of the old friends from the other events I have attended in the past and meeting new friends . I can hardly wait for the next get together .

Yes I did get one of those LT -40 models but it was for Todd.  He is real proud of it ,  just ask anyone who sees him with .  I thought Stumpjumper was going to fallover laughing at the campground that night after the pig roast  cause of the way Todd was acting with it . I wouldn't open it till the next morning and it was just killin him cause he couldn't play with it.

On a nother note . I have to lodge a complaint . The pic of the fish puzzles is BASSACKWARDS .    :D   It could be challenging for someone to understand why such a fuss was raised over two fish with words that is spelled wrong . Maybe I was dyslexic that day on the saw . ???
Hillbilly

Stump Jumper

Mrs. Stump Jumper was gonna post her pics this morning I have them already but now your just gonna hafta to wait until Jeff gets the gallery fixed.

For those of you that asked for the recipe for the Cheesecake here it is I know for sure that one of them was Kevin H' s mom  and I can't remember who else had asked please check with your spouses please I know that we used to have a recipe section to put recipes in but I don't know if we still have that.  Here it is:

For the crust this makes  1 1/2 9x13 pans

2 C Flour
1/2 C Brown Sugar
1 C Real Butter melted
1/2 C Walnuts or Pecans
Mix and Bake 10 minutes at 350 F.

16 oz cream cheese
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
Cream Together

3 C Cool Whip fold in

after crust cools put the above in and add topping

1-2 cans of Pie filling your choice of brand I use Comstock or Thank You Brand

Delcy

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Tom

The recipe section is in the knowledge base under "food". :)

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

Here are some of the pics that I took at the Piggy Roast

Why does Furby need a Ruler ??? ;D Inquiring minds would like to know. ;D :o ??? I may be in trouble for this one. ;D

I also put some pics on the thread were Jeff and Tom went up north.
Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

Furby

Yep Delcy, just remember where you'll be later this week! ;)

Jeff B "awards" me some pink flarp and Tammy "awards" me a pink ruler. smiley_headscratch smiley_headscratch
Oh, and let it be known, Furby don't need a ruler....... everyone else does! ;) ;D

Jeff

I guess its about time to take a new photo of the ceiling squares there eh furb? ;)

Furby

pigman

I just looked a my photo of the wooden blocks. It appears that Furby's block is smaller than the ones around it. Na, that couldn't be, it's just the other blocks a larger than his. ;) ;D

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Stump Jumper

furby
pink flarp,pink ruler ? i'll bet you are one of the people that ordered a pink logrite tool ;D 8)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Furby

Everyone's a comedian  eh? ::)

By the way Bob, nice job making my block smaller with photoshop!

katie-did

Well Delcy, looking like I am going to have to go up to Burlkraft's thought Michigan.
Burlkraft came down  move_it to Part-timers Demo Day the weekend after the piggy roast and got a picture of me. I told him that if he posted it I was going to have to  bat_smailey smiley_whip hurt_smiley With the gallery down he has not got them posted yet  8) Thought he might have forgoten and I would be safe then you have to go a post one. Thanks now we have to come your way too.  sail_smiley I am sure that the girls would just hate to have to see each other again.  yikes_smiley  smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_hellow_im_here
Well I guess that it is over and done I will just have to get over it won't I. smiley_headscratch But someday I would still love to make the trip to see ya'al. May be not both in the same trip though.  :)
Part Timer's Boss & CFO smiley_angel01_halo

Jeff

Quote from: Furby on August 22, 2006, 08:14:18 PM
Everyone's a comedian  eh? ::)

By the way Bob, nice job making my block smaller with photoshop!

I'm thinking I should take a ruler out there and measure that block. I think the block is fine, its just all that empty space around it thats squishin it smaller.

Thank You Sponsors!