iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Multi thin kerf vertical gang saws for venner manufacturing

Started by dundee, April 15, 2008, 04:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundee

can any members of the Forum know the name/s of manufactures who produce these machines?

The one I saw in Milan some years ago had about 25 + blades, the veneer cant 400x200mm is placed in the in-feed, the outfeed produced a wack of veneer leaves

Dashed if I can find any info of this,, any help appreciated

Richard

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: dundee on April 15, 2008, 04:29:36 PM
can any members of the Forum know the name/s of manufactures who produce these machines?

The one I saw in Milan some years ago had about 25 + blades, the veneer cant 400x200mm is placed in the in-feed, the outfeed produced a wack of veneer leaves

Dashed if I can find any info of this,, any help appreciated

Richard

I think what you're looking for is a frame saw. This one may be overkill but look here: http://www.wintersteiger.com/E/e_content_dsg200.html

PC-Urban-Sawyer

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

These saws are high-tech and high-capacity and would obviously be high-priced, as well.

On relies on multiple pressurized air pathways to keep blades clean and cool.
The other seems to primarily rely on  an orbital blade path to keep the blades cool.

Are there any coarser and cruder and cheaper frame saws which might be suitable for
lower value woods and products?

PHil L.
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

amberwood

MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

dundee

Thanks Guys, appreciate the responses, have ordered the CD's from the manufactures

Richard

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

Thanks, DTR.

That's the one I had seen before, geared more toward what I was thinking about.

Phil L.
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

Thank You Sponsors!