iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Online ordering

Started by sparks, November 02, 2006, 02:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks

I'm taking survey of Wood-Mizer owners on the forum. (Since I know you guys have computers) If you could order your parts online, using the most current manual for your mill, (pictures and all) how many would use it?
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Jeff

Rick personally I like sending YOU an email or a phone call to do it because you all know what I need more then I do.  I suppose I would order some things online,but knowing me, half the time I would order the wrong thing because I didnt have you there to tell me it aint that, its this. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

submarinesailor

Rick,

I like online ordering if it's secure.  Will probably us it if it's offered.

Bruce

VA-Sawyer

I have made that suggestion to many folks at WM. Glad to hear it getting some consideration. YES, I would like to have that option when ordering.
VA-Sawyer

Kevin_H.

I could see ordering some of the wear items online, or if I know for sure that I have the right part.

I think it would be real handy to be able to order online after hours.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

pigman

Yes, I would like to be able to order parts online.  8)
Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

woodbowl

Many times when I ordered a part for my WM, I'm broke down, in the field and need it right now. I've had it sent overnight air once, but I was really in a pickle that time.

I've ordered other things though, that were not so urgent, just so I would have them in stock. I would probably order those online.

Sparks, I used to get real bord waiting for an operator to pick up, but not any more. The real reason I like to call in an order now is so that I can be put on hold and listen to Carl Hurley's jokes. I remember one time Rodney picked up the phone to take my order and I said ..... Hey, put me back on hold, he's just getting to the punch line.  ::)  ::)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

customsawyer

Rick I wouldn't use it as when I need a part I am at the mill and there isn't no computer down there and like some of the other folks have said sometimes I need you to tell me what I need. "My mill is doing this and I don't know please tell me I can fix it with some rustreaper and a hammer or do I need to order something." :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

gmmills

I would also order on-line.  For me, you can't get this program started soon enough.  When ordering normal wear parts, not broke down, I'm losing money listening to Mr. Hurley.
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

Minnesota_boy

I usually leave in the morning before your parts people get to work and get home after they have left for the day so they are rarely available when I need parts.  I've taken advantage of the automatic parts ordering by telephone, but I'd prefer to order online.  It allows me to do it at my liesure and while I'm doing that ordering I may think of some other parts I'd like too.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Kevin

I have a Wood-Mizer, I don't need parts.  ;D

amberwood

absolutely. Online ordering would be very convenient..

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

logwalker

Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Minnesota_boy

Quote from: Kevin on November 02, 2006, 09:27:10 PM
I have a Wood-Mizer, I don't need parts.  ;D

I use my Woodmizer.  ;D :D :D
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

sparks

We are getting very close. Could have it up and running by the end of this month. Watch your Wood-Mizer way for more details.   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

WH_Conley

Sounds good, I need some parts now, but I don't make it in the house before dark. If I had the prices on line , I would at least not have a stroke on the phone. :D
Bill

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

I would certainly use it!
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

BBTom

Fantastic Idea, now to make it better, have the parts books online and let us just point and click to order parts. 

If you have ever ordered parts from sears.com then you know what I am talking about.  A person can pull up the parts diagram of anything they sell and find the part they need, then just fill in quantity in the parts list to order it. 

I like to shop in the middle of the night.  ;D
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

ellmoe

Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Thank You Sponsors!