iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What kind of a place is this

Started by Sawyerfortyish, January 03, 2003, 03:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sawyerfortyish

I was at the general store the other day talking to a neighbor at the back of my truck when this little old lady in a small car pulls up to the gas pump and asks can I get gas here? No we reply! WELL WHAT KIND OF A PLACE IS THIS :o The nearest place to get gas ( unless you eat something from the store  :D) is about 8 miles away in the next town  that may not sound far for most places in this country but here in N.J. where most of the time your only a stones throw from any convenience it's like asking someone to drive across the state. In any case the little old lady asked if we would stop trafic so she could turn around and head for the nearest pump. My neighbor replyed just back out they put brakes on all the cars today. :o ::) :D

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Sawyerfortyish

North west Jersey near the Delaware Water Gap

woodmills1

nice country out there.  most people I take back there don't even think it is NJ.  I grew up in newton myself.  hey sawyer40 did you ever investigate that train line with the cool bridges and tunnels, I think most of the tunnels for roads have a date around 1910.  once I discovered a tunnel that was just for the train not for a road.  pretty cool.  Mr green jeans from captain kangaroo used to live just across the Pa. line, I met him once.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Fla._Deadheader

Hi Sawyer40. I was born in Lakewood and until recently, used to belong to a club in Flemington and hunted there since '69. Had a job in Flemington, but, the wife didn't want to move away from her family, so, we went to Arkansas instead. :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Sawyerfortyish

I'm in the little town of Stillwater 8 miles from Newton. I have walked through the long tunnel at Andover it  goes under a big hill and I have seen ice mounds on the floor of the tunnel in mid June. The trains haven't used the tunnels in years the tracks are gone. My favorite is a train bridge that crosses the paulinskill river. The deck is gone and we used to try to drive a truck across on the I beams. If the tires had ever slipped off the beam. :o  Wow I dont even want to think about the drop to the river. The crazy  things you do when you first get your drivers licence.

woodmills1

stillwater, paulineskill  your talkin about my early days now .are you a local or move in?  I still have lotsa relatives there, my parents in Newton then some morvilles and degroats.  wish I new you were so close to newton I was there for christmas. I am talkin with my mother and she said a few of my relatives children jesse and ryan morville go to school in stillwater.  I knew a bunch of branchville guys who played softball as the branchville bombers. mom worked at the community college and she is really involved with SARC, both parents work the SARC booth at the farm and horse show.  many people do not understand just how nice north jersey is.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

hey I just checked my yearbook and I went to high school with evelyn castner.  any relation?

Sawyerfortyish

Well James i'm the forth generation to farm our farm so I guess i'm a local. I know Pat and Roger Degroat. We took some odd lots of lumber to his spring farm consignment sale. don't think I know any Morvilles but I know so many people by sight and not name.
   Are you related to Steve or Al Mills ? Steve was the sargent of the newton police dept.I hunt with both these guys. I'm not related to Evlyn Castner. However all the Castners are related way back when some how.
  If your down this way around fair time i'm involved in the woodsmans compition. Bring your chainsaw and axe. But if your down any other time stop in stillwater and look me up

Thank You Sponsors!