iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The next ???????? project.

Started by customsawyer, March 11, 2015, 09:48:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Well it is getting that time and we are planning for the next project. I don't want to call it a Sycamore project because at this time we don't have a Sycamore log. So due to the fact that we don't have a log yet we are not sure what kind of a project this will be. It will be held the Saturday before Memorial day. That will put it on Saturday May 23rd this year. There will be a small cook out and bonfire on the Friday evening before. For those that would like to bring something get in touch with Julio as he is the man with the plan this time. It would be great if on the way we can keep a head count so as we know how many to feed. I will start as I have a pretty good idea that my lovely bride and I will make 2
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Gasawyer

Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

Nomad

Count me in too.  So now you're up to 4. 8)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Ga Mtn Man

"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

slider

I'm  thinking 4 of us.thats 9
al glenn

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

red oaks lumber

add 2 from the great white north :)
maybe title it "the devil is going down to georiga" :D :D
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Sixacresand

Add me and Nancy.  That makes 14.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

wwsjr

Working on attending this project. Will add 1 as soon as I can firm up schedule.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Southside

Do you need a sycamore log?  I could probably scrounge one up that I would trade for an edger.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

hackberry jake

Make it in NW Arkansas, and I'll supply the sycamore!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

jmouton

hey jake  i got a couple of sycamore logs  ,,,  about  8 ft long and 36 inches in diameter   ,,  i would give those to ya for the project ,,  i could just throw them on the truck  and go ,,,mabye    ill have to look at my schedule  ,,,,,,,,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

ellmoe

(craig's list ad removed by Admin)

A GOOD deal on a project log. I'm sure Danny would love to drive down and grab this before it's gone. :D
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Magicman

That smiley_devil would have gotten in trouble in Georgia anyway.  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

customsawyer

Jim "that's nice". :D :D :D
All jokes aside I am sure there will be a log or two show up. You guys are welcome to bring all the free logs you can bring.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

Careful what toy ask for Jake.I have a whack of logs that you can use for demonstration purposes.
al glenn

WDH

But remember, I take the lumber  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

I had to change the title of this thread do to some whining. Not going to mention any names but they sounded like my wife in saying I can't do much right. :D I filled in the middle with ? do to the fact that we are not sure what we are cutting but we are sure to have a good time and a blade will be in some kind of wood.
Danny what are you going to do with a bunch of pine? ;D
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Ocklawahaboy

Assuming reliable transport and ingress/egress at the Florida Folk Festival that day, I should be there solo.

WDH

Quote from: WDH on March 14, 2015, 07:41:26 AM
But remember, I take the lumber  :D.

Quote from: customsawyer on March 14, 2015, 09:35:24 AM
Danny what are you going to do with a bunch of pine? ;D

Clarification and edit:

"But remember, I take the highly valuable, furniture grade, hardwood lumber   :D."

jmouton

lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Raider Bill

I could use about 1200 sqft of flooring... I'm not picky as to what kind.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ocklawahaboy

Quote from: Raider Bill on March 16, 2015, 10:28:24 AM
I could use about 1200 sqft of flooring... I'm not picky as to what kind.
Plywood with a good coat of poly is a nice looking, cheap floor.  My wife had me put one in.  Came in at $2/sq ft for birch, counting all the fasteners, poly, etc etc.

If you really don't care what kind, raid that slab pile again and mix and match.

Raider Bill

Shoot me a picture of that floor if you would please?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ocklawahaboy

Quote from: Raider Bill on March 16, 2015, 02:07:41 PM
Shoot me a picture of that floor if you would please?
I'll have to go home and find it.  I think I remember what room it's in. 

Thank You Sponsors!