iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heads for a hydroax?

Started by semologger, August 10, 2011, 11:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

semologger

I have a three wheeled 221 hydroax with a shear head on it. i am wanting to put a bar saw head on it for cutting oak sawlogs. Northwoods has one but has not been on here since july 5th. ive PM him waiting for him to get on. His is a timbco bar saw head on his 221. Ive done some searching and found heads online. But i have no experience with these type of heads. Any help on these heads would be helpfull If anyone knows about them. Or even any other bar heads i can put on my cutter. Or another way i can get ahold of Northwoods.

Buck

Northwoods got his underwear all bunched up and quit us.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Reddog

Check with Gary C he has a saw head on a Hydroax in the for sale section.

semologger

chain

Quote from: semologger on August 10, 2011, 11:03:33 PM
I have a three wheeled 221 hydroax with a shear head on it. i am wanting to put a bar saw head on it for cutting oak sawlogs. Northwoods has one but has not been on here since july 5th. ive PM him waiting for him to get on. His is a timbco bar saw head on his 221. Ive done some searching and found heads online. But i have no experience with these type of heads. Any help on these heads would be helpfull If anyone knows about them. Or even any other bar heads i can put on my cutter. Or another way i can get ahold of Northwoods.
Semo.....I have a logger friend up above Greenville near Cherokee Pass that had a three wheeler with a bar head. He may be able to help you out. PM me for further info.

semologger

Thanks  chain more than likely he has a bell. They are set up alot different than mine with a dangle head. My neighbor has a bell also.  Only one other person around here had a cutter like mine but that was years ago.

treefarmer87

check equipment trader.com, machinerytrader.com and forestryequipmentsales.com, im sure they have one. that bar saw head is handy :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

semologger

yes i did see that one treefarmer. I talked the owner at Delich Sales in Wakefield Michigan. He gave the name of his mechanic that has put on alot those heads for him. I am going to call him on monday and see what he thinks.

So.MaineLogger

I run a 221 with a 24" grapple dangle bar saw on it.  Ours is the actual hydro ax one it's pretty easy to change it over. Set the shear head on the ground, hook some hoses together, take the pins out, drive up to the other head, align it, pin it, hook the hoses up.  The dangle heads run an extra hose compared to the shear heads and it's to run the rotator.  Make sure your 221 is set up for a saw head, it will need the extra hose fittings, the saw controller in the cab. 

We use our head alot.  It's good for felling larger trees that the shear head would split or couldn't cut.  The grapple is strong and we pull the butts around and build decent bunches with it.  The only modification we did to ours was it originally ran .404 chain and we changes a few things and now run 3/4" chain and it's a lot better.

semologger

Thanks for the info and welcome to the forum. I didnt know hydroax had a dangle head. Maybe one day you could figure out how to post some photos on here so we could see it. i dont know if mine is set up for the saw head. I will have to check out my valves and see if i can see any extra.

Thank You Sponsors!